2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Got a question about my front end

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Eric334
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a question about my front end

I've got a 2000 Ram 4x4, (about 64000 mile) I am feeling a little clicking when I stop and when I start off. I can feel it thru the steering wheel. I have replaced a couple things and nothing has fixed it yet. I think it might be the lower control arm bushing. The reason I think this is cause

1) Had a tire shop check the front end and they say nothing is worn or loose. ie tie rods and such, not the control arm bushing

2) the lower control arm control the motion or the direction of the front end, Plus it is one of the few things I haven't replaced yet.

3) Because I've been under my truck and can't find anything loose, worn or anything like this

I've heard of The Death Wobble, and I'm not sure I have it, but I don't have it real bad if I do.
What do you guys thing?

If adjusting the control arm caster will help for a short time, which direction maxs out the caster, to the left or right?

Eric

Old 01-08-2008, 05:42 PM
nolazach
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Got a question about my front end

I heard that noise before on my truck. I replaced my wheel bearings and the noise went away. If the noise sounds like that of failing CV joints or sounds like it is coming from your wheels I would check out your bearings. They didn't cost that much and it dosen't take all that long to do. Although I have a 4x2.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:32 PM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Got a question about my front end

yea.. his bearing units are WAY more expensive then yours were.. we dont have a spindle bearin unit .. ours are a sealed set which sux.. 250 a peice.. and you need 2!

Quick Reply: Got a question about my front end