2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need Dodge Parts...

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 10:53 PM
wessale
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Dodge Parts...

Where's the good deals!? Had the crappy Heater Core fail and need to replace it. If the factory one is still as crappy as the one I just took out then where can I get a stainless one? I don't want to have to do the dash removal again any time soon. Thank guys!

Old 12-07-2004, 02:00 AM
Ramtuff
Veteran
Default RE: Need Dodge Parts...

I did a quick Google search, but I couldn't find any in stainless. I don't know if they're available in stainless or not, but you might want to try calling one of your local parts stores. I know my Napa can get all sorts of aftermarket and oddball stuff, so it's worth a shot. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Old 12-07-2004, 12:28 PM
wessale

Could it possibly rust out from using the wrong coolant? Never know what a previous owner did....

Old 12-07-2004, 03:21 PM
Ramtuff
Veteran

If the previous owner put that new orange coolant (I think it's called Dex-cool or something like that) in, then it could be the culprit. That stuff takes on some nasty qualities when mixed with the normal green coolant.

Quick Reply: Need Dodge Parts...