2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rhino Lining Estimate

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 04:47 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rhino Lining Estimate

I went to a rhino lining place because I have always wanted one for my bed, and the rocker panels are rusting above the molding. I should have removed the molding when I moved to Upstate NY from Oklahoma where i bought the truck.

Here is the estimate:
rocker panels 325, they do all prep
Bed Liner over rail: 430
Tailgate: 20 dollars (its all banged up and rusty because of my latch getting stuck in the winter and me slamming it to get it to lock)
Total: 775
Weird thing, they said they don't do bumpers. They said they could powdercoat them. i am wondering if I should get them powdercoated.

My tax return mod will be the rhino lining and a dual fan setup I saw from ebay...althoughthe fanis very pricey, but it looks so professional. Also since i move across country and tow a lot I want a reliable fanAND shroudsetup so i don't overheat. It pulls over 5500 CFM. I am gonna message the guy and ask what fans he used for the setup. They look just like Flex a lites. If it was 2 black magic fans then i would jump on it hands down.
Link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TODAY.m238.lVI

Old 01-14-2008, 06:01 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Rhino Lining Estimate

i seen that fan shroud on ebay , so now im making my own kinda like that , cost 40.00 fan was 260.00 should have it down tomorrow or saturday...
Ive used herculiner in my bed and really like it..

Old 01-14-2008, 06:36 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was thinking it would not be that hard to make yourself. You would just need to cut away some plastic on the stock fan shroud as the base, then fabricate a "frontpiece" that can be bolted and sealed to the stock fan shroud. I wouldn't need theSPAL setup. Probably just a hot wire to a switch on my dash, or to the ignition. I would have it running all the time.

The fan setup is the nivest I have seen, but with shipping its 509.99. It must be really good.

I would actually just like the shroud and then install my own choice of fans. Like if I could find 2 usedBlack Magic fans on ebay for a deal, and install those in place of what they have.

I have heard things about herculiner, I am gonna research that.

Thanks for always posting on my threads PA.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Silver_Power
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fan/fans look nice. Helps with MPG.. heh.. might be investing myself. Throw it in there with my 5.9. thnx for the info! and wow.. also planning to get rhino.. didnt think it would be that great of a cost.. a grand for some spray on rubber! =D Well what ever gets it done.

Quick Reply: Rhino Lining Estimate