2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How to make your own test pipe for $15, Before and After Exhaust VIDEOS.Headers,F-Masters,No Cat

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 09:54 PM
SmokeGrinder
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to make your own test pipe for $15, Before and After Exhaust VIDEOS.Headers,F-Masters,No Cat

I know i was interested in this and most of you would probably like this, so enjoy!

My truck started out with stock, The mods then went to headers, and flowmaster original 40 series, reflashed PCM and FIPK no more
Like most it sounded alright but i wanted it louder and throatier....
So heres the before video...

BEFORE
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/788139..._full_exhaust/

AFTER
Comming in half hour sorry..

That video was particulary bad because it had a blown header gasket but its the only one i have so please excuse it....Anyway...
I decided I wanted to make a test pipe to replace the cat(Yes i know about emissions/inspections this is for educational purposes)
To Start out lets get the supplies you need

2 1/2" Straight Exhaust Pipe that is no less than 18.5 inches in length"-$5.00
Two 2 1/2 inch exhaust clamps and a 3" clamp-$6.00
A double flanged 2 1/2" INNER DIAMETER exhaust adapter-$2.00
Now I got this step for free but its going to be anywhere from $2 to 10$
You need to flange one side of your pipe to 3" Inner Diameter to slide over the Y-Pipe

Once your done with this cut your cat off and install the pipe in its place....
This mod really pulled everything together for me and for under $20 bucks its a great addition, No CEL either and No smellier as some have said...
Next comming is roller rockers, cam, and faster 50mm TB

Heres some pictures...

Heres everything you need...

Heres a picture of 18 1/2" which may differ slightly...

Heres a picture of the 3" Inner diamter flange...

Heres the double 2.5" Adapter...

Heres the new "High Flow Cat" next to the stock one...

Enjoy!

Quick Reply: How to make your own test pipe for $15, Before and After Exhaust VIDEOS.Headers,F-Masters,No Cat