2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

FINALLY

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 09:22 PM
reckless
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FINALLY

got my truck back from the dealership and they said they removed the valve covers and the #6 cylinder rocker arm bolt was brocken off and cracked the head. After disassembly found that rods and main bearings were badly worn and the oil pump was pitted and badly worn. also saw that there were groves in the cylinder walls one cracked and scoring on the pistons.

Long story short they ended up replacing the 8.0 with a new long block,replacing the trans with a reman becuause it was passed there 70% rule,rebuilt the tranfercase and fixed the exhaust from the engine shaking so bad.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:48 PM
BIGRED97
Captain
Default RE: FINALLY

Damn i bet that was a pretty penny! how does it run now and how much did all that cost?

Old 01-15-2008, 09:54 PM
reckless

It runs really smothe now and the good thing id it didnt cost me anything. I bought a warranty and the dealership picked up the deductible since i just bought the truck. The only bad thing is that i had to wait almost two months to get it back and they didnt fix the stering.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:54 AM
turkeyhunter1962
All Star

This is the FIRST time I have ever heard of somebody getting their money out of a warranty. Very glad for you. Since it didn't cost you anything I wouldn't worry about the 2 lost months. Heck you've basically got a brand new drivetrain. Talk to them about the steering, but enjoy driving your truck while you've got it.

Old 01-16-2008, 11:07 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i bet you got a lot of power back yes no???

Quick Reply: FINALLY