2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

power steering bolts fell out

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 08:11 PM
azkkn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power steering bolts fell out

so i brought my truck in to my garage to fix a coolant leak today, and when i shut the truck off i heard a little clunk. so i had to take the alternator off to get to the goose neck to fix the coolant leak, and i figured i would spin all the accessories by hand to see if any thing needed attention. i spun the power steering pump and it would spin the wrong direction fine, with a little jingle, but wouldnt spin the correct way at all. i looked in with a light and saw one of the mounting bolts had fallen out between the pulley and the bracket. so i yanked the power steering pulley off and checked all the bolts, and they were all just finger tight. i pulled them all out and loc-tited them all in and wound them down pretty tight. has this happend to any one before? is this something that is common? my truck is a 1999 1500 5.9 with 28k on it

Quick Reply: power steering bolts fell out