2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Turn Signal/Flasher Question---Anyone???

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 02:59 PM
Ram2K1
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Turn Signal/Flasher Question---Anyone???

This may be out there somewhere, but I really didn't feel like reading through a million posts to find it.[:'(]

When I turn on my signal light or flashers, and they remain on for a while (like sitting at a red light) they stop flashing. What could this be? The flasher going bad? Something getting hot?

Any suggestions...

Thanks

Old 01-30-2008, 09:54 PM
Ram2K1
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Turn Signal/Flasher Question---Anyone???

[sm=feedback.gif]

Old 01-31-2008, 12:43 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i'd guess the flasher unit(s) in the end of the dash. somebody said there were 2, but i only see 1 in mine. if not that, remove the bulbs, test sockets with volt meter.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:37 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Also check the bulbs. If a bulb burns out, instead of flashing, the dash turn signal will just stay on, solid. I once had a bulb that would initially flash, but once it warmed up, it would give too much resistance and make the computer (or flasher unit or whatever) think it was burnt out.

That was after my accident in the Dakota. The accident smashed my front end good (bumper, grille, headlights), but the bulbs all still worked after being installed in the headlights/signals. One day shortly after I got the pickup back, some of them started doing weird stuff like that. Replaced them with new bulbs and everything was fine again.

Quick Reply: Turn Signal/Flasher Question---Anyone???