2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New lift Questons??

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 11:37 AM
Tuck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New lift Questons??

I just got my 3 inch body lift in the mail yesterday from performance accessoriesfor my truck and was reading through the instructons last nite. It says I have to cut and weld the shift linkage to xtend it and also relocate the fan shroud. I've put a couple lifts on chevrolets and I never had to do any welding. I was hoping to get by with the same on mine. I wont be doing much offroading, if any at all with this truck, so i'm not worried about it flexing and stretching/bending something. I've got this truck for the road only, so offroad capability doesn't matter. Is there any way i can get by w/o weldingnething.Oh ya, its a 2000 model xtended cab 4x4.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:46 PM
Tuck
Default RE: New lift Questons??

anyone?

Old 01-31-2008, 05:57 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gotta extend the steering shaft , welding some do some dont.. i did on my 96 to extend the 4x4 lever... others will chime in on this and there experence... but be ready you mite need to do some welding

Old 01-31-2008, 06:24 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah don't you usually have to weld that piece in there?

Old 01-31-2008, 11:01 PM
Chopper1
All Star

In 98 or 99 the 4X4 shifter was changed to a straight one. You can do the body lift without welding. The shifter handle will just be 3" shorter in the cab. My 97 has the curved handle and had to be cut and welded.
The fan shroud has 4 bolts on the corners. The kit hasflat metal tabs that drop it down to stay centered with the motor. Easy part.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:46 AM
Tuck

Ok, lets see if i got this straight. I dontHAVE to extend the 4x4 lever, but it'll just be shorter in the cab is all. Thats fine as long as it still works. And the a/t shift linkage, i have to cut andweld to extend i assume. And ya, that fan shroud sounds pretty simple.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:20 AM
Chopper1
All Star

On mine the trans shift rod going down the outside of the firewall from the column has a clamp at the bottom were the next linkage connects I just loosened the clamp before raising and readjusted with truck in neutral to get neutral switch to allow starting in park and the neutral position.

Quick Reply: New lift Questons??