2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

hard brake is hurting my knee by days end

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 12:09 PM
dluepnitz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hard brake is hurting my knee by days end

This is my second dodge truck. both have this same problem. The breaks have been bleed and all pads and rotors replaced. the truck can stop but i need to press so hard my knee and calf hurt at the end of the day. onmy first truck (97' Dakota) i put new drilled and slotted rotors with performance pad, master cylinder, and calipers. i checked the vacuum booster by unplugging it andlistening for vacuum pressure long after it sat and it still had pressure. so i was leaning toward collapsed hoses or even a proportioning valve problem. but now i just bought a 96' ram sport and it has the same hard pedal. the pedal feels fine initially but the more i press the harder it is. The dealership said they will repair the problem reguardless the cost but it is a buy-here-pay-here and they don't have the greatest mechanics. so if i can determine the problem here i will save alot of time.

Quick Reply: hard brake is hurting my knee by days end