2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

dodges are the greatest truck of all time

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 02:45 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: dodges are the greatest truck of all time

what is PITA?

Old 02-11-2008, 02:53 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You don't know what that means?!! Now I'm going to use a whole bunch of lingo, LOL, j/k, means PAIN IN THE ***.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:59 PM
kowboydmac
All Star

IDK 01ram, my friends new Tacoma is a lil beast. Not that I prefer it over dodge, but those Tacoma's, Tundra's and Titan's (what's up with the T's? hmm implying truck i suppose) work well on and off road. The yota I saw had a v6 or a v8 swap, I only saw 3 pipes coming out of te header, but it was haulin like a v8 to say the least. I just personally don't see many ram's doing much of anything except towing. But they do it very well lol. I'd say almost 40% of the haulers were Dodges at Mudfest. But no way for me to account for the 45,000 that were there.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:46 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Well in regards to the Titans and the Tundras, even though I don't like them, I do believe that they are somewhat tolerable, especially the tundra. BUT, it's the Tacoma that bothers me, and the frontiers, etc. etc. But the tacoma seems to be the most popular of the dyke trucks. They aren't real trucks. Ever seen a tacoma without it's fender flares and it's oversized retard tires? They are the gayest trucks in the world, and very ugly. I like a truck that even if you stripped it of it's curb appeal, it would still hold its own for work. If my truck was brought back to stock, it'd still be a very sporty and clean truck with a big 360 in her. I don't like how toyota copied the f-150 on their tundras either, their bodies look identical. I constantly think it's a ford coming at me on the roads, and of course it's a tundra. Anyway, that's my point with the tacomas. Of course they are good in mud and can go fast, because they don't even weigh anything like a truck should

Old 02-11-2008, 08:49 PM
TheForce55555
All Star

Dodges are good trucks but not the best, the suspension and steering wear out like mother *****

FORD CHASSIS AND CUMMINS MOTOR, now thats a truck

Old 02-11-2008, 09:17 PM
kowboydmac
All Star

Yeah I am aggravated how my front end feels like it's going to straight up fall off. My dad drove it this weekend while i borrowed his dakota for a road trip, and he said "man, your truck doesn't like speed bumps". Wish I knew exactly what it was to fix it! Still havn't changed the TRE's though so there's still a possibility that MIGHT be it. These trucks and their blocks are awesome, it's the suspension, tranny that sucks. Even the interiors are good because of the functionality and room they incorporate.

IDK about the heater core placement either ... could have laid off on the somethin somethin when they thought all that through

Old 02-11-2008, 11:03 PM
TheForce55555
All Star

Hey man replace the shocks and the trac bar, that helped my steering and handling alot

Old 02-11-2008, 11:09 PM
kowboydmac
All Star

Yeah after my trip, I'll be sittin idle for a couple months and I'm taking everything down. How much a mess is it to do shocks and trac bar? the trac bar looks pretty easy. Shocks dont look too bad. I got familiar with most everything down there when I did the ball joints, but I had Pepboys do the Pitman/Idler Arm's due to bein impatient and not wantin to go get the right tools. I rented a puller kit and returned it the next day i got so frustrated lol.

Sorry I knocked this off topic, let me make a new topic.

Quick Reply: dodges are the greatest truck of all time