2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dodge Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 09:29 PM
kowboydmac
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dodge Problems

Lol well I have a stock setup and I like the sound when I romp on it pushin over 4k on the rpm. BUT I only did that once. When the tranny is done and I'm done with the maintenence/mod list I have ... I'll hear it more often.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:39 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought mine from a prev owner. He tookreally good care of it and had EVERY maintenance receipt. Even had the tranny replaced at 72K (so when my converter went out at 100K, it was still under the 36,000 mi warranty, sweet). It felt really good when other people from base would say, "Hey you bought Matt's truck...damn I was thinking of buying that. You know he babied that thing and his wife made him sell it."

It came with33s, 3 inch lift, rancho 5 way adjustable shocks, mopar PCM, K&N, sidepipes,and 24# injectors. Bought it for 8500 with 92000 mi (tranny replaced at 72k). Other than the orque converter covered by warranty, no problemsuntil 120K(ball joints, u joints, and water pump).My mods were headers, air cleaner,and the MSD. Latest problem was a fire, but that was my fault.

I have hauled with it

Old 02-16-2008, 09:40 PM
fivenine ram
Professional

ORIGINAL: sbrunn9

That's mostly due to the abundance of teenagers who think sound equals power. There's really nothing wrong with the stock exhaust, other than being stock
I'm a teenager, sound equals being seen. And such we have such nice trucks we want people to turn their heads. That's my excuse anyways.
hell yeah i love divin next to the beach/pier with my new thrush glasspacks and wathcin the girls turn there heads and smile [sm=shades.gif]

Old 02-16-2008, 11:45 PM
sbrunn9
Veteran

Hey, nothing wrong with that. I love the way my truck sounds with a flowmaster 40 on it
As do i.

hell yeah i love divin next to the beach/pier with my new thrush glasspacks and wathcin the girls turn there heads and smile
Exactly. Whenever I see a fine girl i give the gas a tap. I get a quick whine from my intake then my exhaust just womps. Always good for a quick little look.

Old 02-16-2008, 11:50 PM
fivenine ram
Professional

ORIGINAL: sbrunn9

Hey, nothing wrong with that. I love the way my truck sounds with a flowmaster 40 on it
As do i.

hell yeah i love divin next to the beach/pier with my new thrush glasspacks and wathcin the girls turn there heads and smile
Exactly. Whenever I see a fine girl i give the gas a tap. I get a quick whine from my intake then my exhaust just womps. Always good for a quick little look.

hell yeah somebody knows what im talkin about [sm=icon_cheers.gif]...bein 17 in my own in florida on the beach kicks ***![sm=partyparty.gif]

Old 02-16-2008, 11:56 PM
sbrunn9
Veteran

hell yeah somebody knows what im talkin about ...bein 17 in my own in florida on the beach kicks ***!
18 and on my own in milwaukee isn't bad either...i just have snow instead of beach right now lol

Old 02-17-2008, 07:36 AM
98DodgeRam1500
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: veilside3kgt

... should I sell it already before something happens?
I would say yes, or start saving up for a tranny rebuild. I just got mine back from a rebuild $2633.49 to be exact. Its still messed up, so is back thre again.
I just got it a few months back, put new bearings on the front end along with a half shaft, $850. My catalytic converter is rattling now, and my front main seal is leaking (very slightly), and so far my plenum isn't leaking (yet).

I put too much $$ in to it now to sell it, I will keep this "turd" until my wifes car is paid off. Then I will get something brand new, it could be a dodge, ford, or nissan (those titans look nice...).

just keep your eye on this forum, and it doesn't hurt to join other forums. you will see the exact same issues. hey, its an old truck, but seems to be the most problematic out of all the full sized (edging out the chevy).

Quick Reply: Dodge Problems