2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

LMFAO Where did the front brake go?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 06:46 PM
jstnumber73
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LMFAO Where did the front brake go?

Well sence I have your attention there was nothing wrong with the break lines on my truck. Instead my whole brake caliper fell off on the passenger front It was digging into the rim with now has about a 1/8 inch gouge in it.the two bolts that hold it on completly fell out! Glad it was only acheap part instead a brake line.on the other hand I know have a nice gouge on the inside of the rim.[&:] I also reset my computer and my bottom end is back! plus i stillhave my mid and top my new exhaust added.

How much free spin should the front tires have? Because with the brake assembly off and just turning it it was kinda hard to turn and virtualy no free spin. Bearings? If so could i do it my self?
Now if i could only decide on an intake?lol Thanks guys for all your input!

Old 02-17-2008, 06:56 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: LMFAO Where did the front brake go?

I hate it when brakes just disappear.

Not to steal the thread here, just trying to post a summary for your intake indecision.

If you want something cheap that works well at just helping the engine breathe, go the 14x3 round route. If you want to pull cold air from outside the engine bay and are willing to pay for it, go with something like the Volant kit that completely encloses the filter and pulls the air from the wheel well. If you do go the Volant route, get it on sale some place. No CAI is worth $300-$400.

I've always liked K&N and similar intakes, however, what I've read from very experienced people here has convinced me that unless you're pulling the air from outside the engine bay, the 14x3 will work just as good, if not better, than any CAI. If you are comparing cost, there is no comparison, its the 14x3 round intake, hands down.

I like my Volant CAI, but you make your own choice.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:05 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the wheels off just turning the rotor by hand from the lugs it will spin but it does take a little bit to spin them. They are tight and I'm pretty sure this is normal as I've always seen them like this. You should be able to spin them as they shouldn't be locked up but I think it's normal for them to be a little hard to spin.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:57 PM
jstnumber73
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just went for a drive and i hear some weird rubbing/grinding noise coming from the front right brake. It stops when i press the brakes and turn right, when i turn left it gets worse? WTF? It slows me down when im coasting. Maybe it might be the brake line when i took it off i twisted it? Im kinda clueless right now untill the morning.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:06 PM
1BigRamaniac
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMFAO? What is that?

Old brake lines can cause the rubber to expand on the inside. Outside they look sound. When I was running the big loop to my wifes kin (KS CO NM TX back to MO) I would replace the front lines,just to be safe. Her mom lived up on a mountain.

Quick Reply: LMFAO Where did the front brake go?