2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

01 manifold leak?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 11:36 AM
bobbos_ram
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 manifold leak?

ive been tryin to find a vac leak for a while now and im really startin to think that it is coming from the manifold. the leak comes and goes like its always there but at times it is loud and at times it is quiet. have any of you guys had the manifold seal gone out and whats a good way to find a vac leak i know on the old carb cars and early fuel injection u could use carb cleaner but on the truck i try it and come up empty handed.

thanks

Old 02-25-2008, 11:54 AM
turkeyhunter1962
All Star
Default RE: 01 manifold leak?

I also have what sounds like a vacuum leak, but it comes from the throttle body gaskets. I'd say replace your throttle body to manifold gasket, and the round gasket between the throttle body and air intake.

If you are runnign an aftermarket intake system of any kind, you will hear more noise from the throttle body that sounds like vacuum. Try those two gaskets first and see if it solves your issue.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:58 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

idk if you have a smoke machine, but you could spray smoke into the manifold area and see where it disrupts the flow of air.

Old 02-25-2008, 12:02 PM
bobbos_ram
Rookie

thanks man ill try that as far as the smoke goes i dont have one but wouldnt the fan blow the smoke away?

Quick Reply: 01 manifold leak?