2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Quick Trans. Question...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 07:32 PM
SilverRam_01
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Trans. Question...

Alot of the time, when I'm cruising at part throttle and I let off the gas, my rpms will jump a dew hundred and then drop back down. Occasionally it will also do it when I get on the gas. The fluid is at the correct level, and clean... only been in there for around 8K. Think this could be solved by a band adjustment? 113K miles, and I've had it for 30K and never done it. Thanks in advance!

Old 03-02-2008, 01:34 PM
SilverRam_01
Captain
Default RE: Quick Trans. Question...

ttt, anyone?

Old 03-02-2008, 05:24 PM
Chopper1
All Star

Sounds like the lock up converter working. Depending on your speed, it will unlock as you accellerate to pick up speed. Also depending on speed and load it will also do this to slow down. To simulate this, while driving along, keep your foot on the gas as normal and touch the brake pedal enough to kick on the brake lights and see if it is the same effect. The brake switch will unlock the converter and RPM's should do as you described.

Old 03-20-2008, 01:57 AM
SilverRam_01
Captain

ORIGINAL: Chopper1

Sounds like the lock up converter working. Depending on your speed, it will unlock as you accellerate to pick up speed. Also depending on speed and load it will also do this to slow down. To simulate this, while driving along, keep your foot on the gas as normal and touch the brake pedal enough to kick on the brake lights and see if it is the same effect. The brake switch will unlock the converter and RPM's should do as you described.
Been away for a while, but yeah. That does the same exact thing, and it seems to be getting worse. Is there some kind of sensor I need or is it the torque convertor? Thanks for the reply, sorry for the delay.

Quick Reply: Quick Trans. Question...