2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How to clean Edelbrock Pro Flow

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 01:34 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to clean Edelbrock Pro Flow

I have a Edelbrock Pro Flow 1002 and it says to clean every 2k miles which I will admit I haven't done with the first filter but it never got dirty looking until I replaced it.

Anyway it says just clean with soap and water. This doesn't sound hard but what do I do? Do I just mix soap and water in a bucket and put it in there then ring it out or do I do something else?

Do I just let it sit to dry or do I blow it off with a air compressor or something to dry it out? How long do I need to let it sit to dry? I'm sorry for asking such a stupid question but I have no idea how to clena this thing. Thanks guys.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:02 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: How to clean Edelbrock Pro Flow

Usually the way I've learned it is rinse with soapy water from the clean side to the dirty side (inward facing side of the filter to the outward side).

Usually you don't want to use water under very much pressure either.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:04 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So do I just mix soapy water in a bucket and pour it onto the filter and then let it dry or what? What kind of soap should I use just dish soap?

Old 03-03-2008, 02:24 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

I would like to retract part of my earlier post...

Not "soapy water". I spray the whole thing with cleaner, usually K&N or something equivalent designed for cotton filters, and then rinse it with NORMAL water under low pressure from clean side through to dirty side.

I must have been thinking car wash time, when I wash it by hand, which is normally when I used to clean my K&N air filter as well back on the 1995 Dakota. My bad.
[sm=oopssign.gif]

Any soap thats OK for use on cotton should be fine for cleaning out the filter I would think, probably not dish detergent. I'll let someone with more experience state a yay or nay on that one.

Quick Reply: How to clean Edelbrock Pro Flow