2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Air tools question

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 04:17 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Air tools question

Oh okay. I don't know it seems to take the stuff torqued on at 80 ft lbs off fine but over that and it doesn't want to. I run it at 90PSI as thats whats recommended. Overall the IR is just a much better gun and well worth the money if you use it often. It's what we used in the shop and now I got one that I use at home. I have yet to see anything it wont take off. If you are just doing really light stuff the Craftsman one might be okay.

Old 03-10-2008, 04:19 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Air tools question

ORIGINAL: hometheaterman

Oh okay. I don't know it seems to take the stuff torqued on at 80 ft lbs off fine but over that and it doesn't want to. I run it at 90PSI as thats whats recommended. Overall the IR is just a much better gun and well worth the money if you use it often. It's what we used in the shop and now I got one that I use at home. I have yet to see anything it wont take off. If you are just doing really light stuff the Craftsman one might be okay.

Dont get me wrong, I completely agree with you. But for the price, and the fact he isnt going to be using it much, the craftsman will work just fine. My father has a $500 snap-on impact that makes my craftsman look like a thumb drive ratchet.

Quick Reply: Air tools question