2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:39 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Exhaust and Intake System
Print Wikipost

round air cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 05:54 PM
TonkaMan
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: round air cleaner

when I did mine I used an edelbrock 14x3 setup from autozone for like 30$ and I picked up the edelbrock stand alone breather for about 15$. the breather I used simply pushes into the valve cover... just use the flange from the stock elbow to make it fit nice and snug. To bend the bolt I used a clamp and a pair of channel locks. I also removed the bracket that held the front of the stock airbox in place so that the housing would seat properly... that was a little bnit of a PITA but gives the housing a nice low profile clean look rather then using a riser. Oh yea almost forgot about the 3$ gasket... overall very happy with it, I got a speeding ticket about 20 minutes after I did the install[:@]

Old 04-01-2008, 04:34 AM
TIMIDONE
All Star

Yea I tried the blue...red and whatever other color like yours and it was just too tight. I just f it and bought one that I pulled the gasket it off and it went vertical. Like Turkey's type I bet. Bigger too...better air? pfft who know, I will post pics sometime soon!

It grows at 3000 RPM now and hissing to the people next to me to...I love it! *must control heaby foot* for my good and the truck.

Hissing is normal, right? just more air coming it...I did not a slightly higher rpm at idle, hope that is ok!

Old 04-01-2008, 11:51 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind air filter are you using? My Edlebrock has a sucking noise. I don't know if I'd call it a hissing but maybe. I don't really like it but a lot of guys seem to.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:06 PM
TIMIDONE
All Star

Well after wasting $100+ on a CAI from online...before I came accross this site I decided to still get the best I could so I bought a 14x3 K&N #1650 filter. The Air Cleaner is Mr.Gasket 14inch, of course.

I'm loving it!

Oh so I think, unless seller agrees to buy back, will be selling the K&N #RE-0920 filter I have. It was thef ilter that came with the CAI I originally bought. Trying to recoup some of the lost. More information can be found here. Let me know if anyone interested. If no one is then no biggie I'll put it on my rice burner or grandma mobile...lol...that be interesting see a grandma mobile (olds) going the down the street with a huge HMMMMMM sound lol.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:26 PM
TIMIDONE
All Star

why start a new thread when you were the last to post?!

just wondering, yes I searched, if anyone taken a chrome air cleaner and "custom" it meaning like they etched a logo, design or something?!? what did you use to do it?

Or even paint one...what paint? and etc.

any thought would be great!

Old 08-06-2009, 01:34 AM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well, the one that was on my truck, i took and scuffed it up and painted it black.....you could put whatever kind of sticker on it you like, like on the old muscle cars, or go to a graphics shop and have decals made

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOPAR...=p4506.c0.m245

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOPAR...=p4506.c0.m245

Old 08-06-2009, 10:04 AM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker

Paint is ok but not that durable generally. If the chromes in excellant condition, a nice transluscent powder coat will look awesome IMHO and last. My old K&N 14" lid isnt in that great a shape so I havent coated it. Want to get a new chrome lid for it when its NA and will be powder coating it with my custom Indy mix of powders.

What color is your truck?

Old 08-06-2009, 02:00 PM
TIMIDONE
All Star

Originally Posted by RM_Indy
Paint is ok but not that durable generally. If the chromes in excellant condition, a nice transluscent powder coat will look awesome IMHO and last. My old K&N 14" lid isnt in that great a shape so I havent coated it. Want to get a new chrome lid for it when its NA and will be powder coating it with my custom Indy mix of powders.

What color is your truck?
grey...nice to see you post again btw.

Old 08-06-2009, 02:32 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm thinking about one of these too. Should I do it? LOL

Old 08-06-2009, 02:52 PM
dakotas ram
Champion

youd better make a thread about it and keep it alive for 40 or so pages b4 you decide

Quick Reply: round air cleaner