2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Mirrors and Grill Install!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 07:56 PM
98DodgeRam1500
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Mirrors and Grill Install!

ORIGINAL: motorbrreath

check out ebay. 18 bucks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-P...mZ330217755718
+$25 for shipping.
Still cheaper than anywhere else. I was just going to sand the chrome off mine, might just be worth getting incase I don't like the looks i can at least go back to the chrome one and sell it back on eBay.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:14 PM
my1500.net
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good motor! I guess I will have to order one, I was looking at the one on ebay that has vertical bars for $128 but since I ordered the winch bumper, winch, lights & remote spotlight my budget is getting a bit thin ;-) I think that one will look good above a black winch bumper.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:14 PM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

yeah it will look real good once i get my ranch hand front end replacement, and the linex down the rocker panels.

98- yeah i noticed you had the same mirrors... if you dont mind, how much did you pay for em? I cant get enough of em in the "towin" position. my roomate with a 3rd gen 1500 says im overcompensatin for somethin HAHA!!! hes just jealous he aint HD.

im watin for neon to log in so i can see his reaction [8D]

Old 03-11-2008, 09:43 PM
CSCustomCars
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey motor, what mirrors are those? I want them! I've been dying to get some. Are they power?
I love having ym towing mirrors, but not being power, and always having to fold them in to get the truck wahsed is getting to be a pain

Old 03-11-2008, 10:39 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Heyyyy ****ing right buddy! That came out really badass man!! Glad it worked out for you. My brother is also wanting to do that with his truck. He wants to get a painted front black bumper with a black grille, and black bezzeled edges around the headlights. Just got to love the black, looooks real sharp bro!

Old 03-11-2008, 10:45 PM
98DodgeRam1500
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: motorbrreath

yeah it will look real good once i get my ranch hand front end replacement, and the linex down the rocker panels.

98- yeah i noticed you had the same mirrors... if you dont mind, how much did you pay for em? I cant get enough of em in the "towin" position. my roomate with a 3rd gen 1500 says im overcompensatin for somethin HAHA!!! hes just jealous he aint HD.

im watin for neon to log in so i can see his reaction [8D]
they were on the truck when i got them. I see them on eBay for $50 each, manual unheated. My truck had the stock powered/heated ones because I have the heated mirrors button and the mismatch colored hole cover for the remote for the mirrors.
I haven't towed yet, so I am not flipping them out. But I do like the dome mirror built in to them, they show me the blind spot so I don't have to look around corners when changing lanes all of the time. I think they are a bit much for me flipped out for daily driving. I work only 10miles from my house and its all backroads.

above your headlights, is that the bug deflector? I had the window rain guards and the middle peice deflector. took all that off, i like it without them but I like the accent of the ones above your lights with the black grill. it looks great.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:10 PM
lizardhunt

The black looks pretty good.

I have a mix...chrome grill mostly hidden behind almost a half ton of custom made steel bumper, push bars, wrap around grill guard...all of which are rino lined (stock black).

Bumper also has drive lights and a 9000lbs Warn winch built in to bumper.

I can run overthings liketrees, deer,elk, and Fords withoutworry about cracking the grill.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:10 AM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: CSCustomCars

Hey motor, what mirrors are those? I want them! I've been dying to get some. Are they power?
I love having ym towing mirrors, but not being power, and always having to fold them in to get the truck wahsed is getting to be a pain
they are 3rd gen towin mirrors, i got em off ebay from a dealership in texas. $212 shipped. Unfortunatly they aint power. They dont make power ones for 2nd gens. But i just set em and they dont need any adjusting. It took a min to get used to how fricken long they are, i feel like i take up the other lane when i drive.

ORIGINAL: 98DodgeRam1500

they were on the truck when i got them. I see them on eBay for $50 each, manual unheated. My truck had the stock powered/heated ones because I have the heated mirrors button and the mismatch colored hole cover for the remote for the mirrors.
I haven't towed yet, so I am not flipping them out. But I do like the dome mirror built in to them, they show me the blind spot so I don't have to look around corners when changing lanes all of the time. I think they are a bit much for me flipped out for daily driving. I work only 10miles from my house and its all backroads.

above your headlights, is that the bug deflector? I had the window rain guards and the middle peice deflector. took all that off, i like it without them but I like the accent of the ones above your lights with the black grill. it looks great.
Yeah i call em eyebrows. It had another one that went on top of the grille, but i dont like the way it looked so i took it off.

I cant really decide if i should keep em flipped up all the time and show off the trucks *****, or keep em down until i get the boat ready for fishin season.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:40 AM
Cowgirl4christ
Professional

Nice Chris! I love those mirrors! Looks sweet..[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 03-12-2008, 12:16 PM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

thanks darlin!