2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Headers Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 01:51 AM
Elbobo6112
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers Question

Ok so Ive read up on the feelings that the members of this forum have on the purchasing of Summit Racing Headers, and I have to agree Summit Racing Headers are crap, that is unless you are looking to waste money on product that is made like ****, and is only really good at doing two things: Burning up gaskets, and rusting. But being the cheap ****er I am with, with the desire for headers I have, I am kinda looking into buying myself a set. LoL But before I do this I just asoom ask, to save myself headaches and money, is there a better quality cheap *** set of headers out there?
[align=left] [/align]

Old 03-12-2008, 02:10 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Headers Question

Why not just leave the stock mainfolds on? I'd take the slight power loss over all the problems the guys that have installed headers seem to be having. I wouldn't have minded having some but they seem like way too much work for me.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:21 AM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

if you can't put the money into it it's not worth it.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:08 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Try watching eBay for a while. From time to time, a good set of headers (Edelbrock, JBA, Gibson, Mopar PPH/Thorley) will come up, often new in the box, or with very littl use on them. I've seen them sell for under $300.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:20 AM
dusty_duster
Veteran

What's the problem with Summit headers? I've heard good things about them. [sm=smiley5.gif]

Old 03-12-2008, 03:00 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

DUDE, coming from...the biggest don't do this ginny pig on the site, DO NOT, I mean DO NOT get some **** headers. Keep your manifolds on that truck until you can afford a very nice header. I have nice headers, but it was a nightmare to have them installed, I really got raped. You also better be ready that if someone installs them for you, they may **** it up like they did me. I have been ****ed way too many times, so please, do not waste your time with ****ty headers just because you can't wait for some good ones. Invest in the headers that will last a long time. Shorties or Longtubes, either ones. I have longtubes, and it didn't do much. Headers are a lot of hype by the way, unless you have a lot of mods, they won't do much. I'd go with a shorty if you don't have much done or don't plan to do much. Just my 2 cents...

Quick Reply: Headers Question