2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Coolant Hose Replacement????

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 12:58 PM
DuranguenzeRam
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant Hose Replacement????

Have tried search but couldnt find nething similiar to mine. I have a coolant leak that runs by the right front wheel, looks like the hoses are leaking, since i had water pump, fan, thermostat and radiator fixed, was wondering how hard it is to replace those hoses? I have 2000 dodge 5.9 nebody have done it? is it just replace or do i have to remove a lot of stuff?

Old 03-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Coolant Hose Replacement????

Replacing the rad hoses is pretty easy, nothing to remove as I recall. Just need to drain the coolant out first.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:03 PM
DuranguenzeRam
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SOunds pretty simple have nice weather this week gonna do it thanks for the tip silver, i would hate to shower in coolant.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Silver_Dodge

Replacing the rad hoses is pretty easy, nothing to remove as I recall. Just need to drain the coolant out first.
Bah! I usually remove the clamp from the lower hose leading to the water pump and then remove it from the top side of the engine. A large container underneath captures everything and only a minimal amount gets on my hands. It washes off easily!

Old 03-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Last time I did it, I jiust punctured the lower radiator hose right over a bucket. Then opened the radiator cap and let it drain out the puncture. Was really easy and clean that way, and no big deal since I was replacing that hose anyway.

Quick Reply: Coolant Hose Replacement????