2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Exhaust Exit Styles

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 08:42 PM
blkbaretta
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Exhaust Exit Styles

My chrome tips still look great and have been on mine for about 8 months or so. When I had some stainless tips they turned colors really fast and just started looking like crap. I'll never go that route again. I think some black chrome/powdercoated tips would be cool looking too. I think they would look cool, especially on my yellow truck or a nice black truck.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:52 PM
my1500.net
Rookie

Mine are a crappy home job side dump but I am giong to do the Gibson Super truck exhaust because I like the side exit. examples below.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:06 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

ORIGINAL: Sirhilton17

Are you getting the chrome ones or the stainless ones...

I would recomend the stainless because the chrome rust really fast. But maybe the chrome is better on those... my friend has some chrome tips and over the winter the tips are extrmely rusty.
Well I actually have the stainless steel tips right now. I paid $110 for those ****ers and they are already messed up, sucks. So I guess I'll just get whatever looks good and keep after it better. They rocked all summer and fall, but when winter hit, I didn't take care of them anymore because of all the ****ing snow haha. But yeah, I'm set now, I'll keep the look and just keep better care of them. I love the way the truck looks when it exits the local carwash all wet and ****. The smoked tails and the big shiny tips, love it. It's the kind of carwash that you get out and you go into a hallway that's parallel with the wash. You can watch your vehicle go through the wash by looking in the big windows, it's fun as hell. Can't wait to get my truck back and get her all washed up again

Old 03-16-2008, 09:41 PM
Sirhilton17
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cant wait till good weather to buff my paint out...

All of my offroading and mudding has really tooken a toll on my paint... scratches EVERYWHERE... What I always say is "it'll buff".

Today was the first time I hand washed my truck all winter, it felt really good.. also cleaned up the dirtscooter to start getting it up and out for sale... Info is in the sig if anyones interested...

Old 03-16-2008, 09:45 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

I don't like my stainless steel tips either. They turn a yellowish bronze color after a little while. They were great when I first got them 6 months ago but now they look like crap from that. Then they get all these little brown dots all over it which I was told was what stainless steel does from getting hot. It just is getting worse. My chrome tips looked good for way longer than 6 months. I don't like these things at all and wouldn't recommend ss tips. Especially since they cost right much more.

You can see here what they are doing.
Name:  exhaustontrucklookingbad001.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  76.2 KB

After asking about this it seems others have had these problems too. IMO if you want it to look nice Chrome tips are a way better choice. I thought SS tips would be great until I got them and saw first hand how crappy they were.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:54 PM
Sirhilton17
Captain

hmm I dident think about the metal actually discoloring... I was thinking it was just crap building up and getting caked on...

Good point.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:14 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

Nah it's the fact that the metal turns a yellowish and then starts getting brown spots all over it like that.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:23 AM
cdusthockey
Veteran

if i do it again, i think ill run them like this. just something you dont see every day

Old 03-17-2008, 12:31 AM
hometheaterman
Champion

ORIGINAL: cdusthockey

if i do it again, i think ill run them like this. just something you dont see every day
I've seen them like that before and idk why but I just don't like them. I've also seen them wehre they are angled out the side a little but then aim straight down. I don't like that setup either. I think so far my favorite setup would be it exiting the truck on each side in front of the wheels with a tip like I have now Maybe slightly bigger.

Anyone have any pics of a setup like this on a Ram?

Old 03-17-2008, 01:24 AM
kowboydmac
All Star

ORIGINAL: my1500.net

Mine are a crappy home job side dump but I am giong to do the Gibson Super truck exhaust because I like the side exit. examples below.

DANG That's very nice.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Exit Styles