2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Black Paint/ Swirl Marks

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 06:57 PM
Dontdodgeitramit
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Paint/ Swirl Marks

Black Paint Question.. My 2000 has black paint and it looks like somebody swirled around with sand paper(exagerated) I jus want a really clean paint an non of the swirl marks arent bad. Any tips?

Old 03-24-2008, 07:06 PM
Silver1500
Professional
Default RE: Black Paint/ Swirl Marks

Have you tried rubbing or buffing compound? That will take out alot of the swirl marks, if you buff it right that is. If not you could make it worse.
I would maybe try putting a real good wax job on a small area first just to see if that helps, if not id buff it.
Hope this helps

Old 03-24-2008, 11:13 PM
Baddnet
Professional
Default RE: Black Paint/ Swirl Marks

If it is clearcoat.. they sell swirl remover at most auto stores.. use with a orbital buffer and 90-/+ % will come out..then hand wax
If no clearcoat.. finish compound buff..and buff wax..hand wax.

Swirls are caused by dirt traped on the suface..not in the paint..but on top getting rubbed around.. even washing will not remove this all of this dirt and may even cause swirls... When detailing a cleaner is used "we call pink" and the whole car/truck is buffed clean..which floats the dirt off of the paint.. thenit gets buffed with wax..then hand wax.. when done..even black is swirl free..

Quick Reply: Black Paint/ Swirl Marks