2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

in all what would this do for me?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 03:26 PM
raydawrestler13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default in all what would this do for me?

i have a 99 1500 sport 2wd
i was thinking about putting headers, exhaust, and an intake into it.
in all what would this cost me
and what would it do for me

Old 03-27-2008, 03:46 PM
xskylinedx
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: in all what would this do for me?

Hate to say it but thats a little vague. It depends on what kind of headers your getting, whether or not your replaceing all of the exhaust pipeing, and there are alot of different intakes. With respect to what it will do for you, it will make that air pump under the hood breathe a little easier and give you some more power to play with.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:51 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: in all what would this do for me?

ORIGINAL: xskylinedx

Hate to say it but thats a little vague. It depends on what kind of headers your getting, whether or not your replaceing all of the exhaust pipeing, and there are alot of different intakes. With respect to what it will do for you, it will make that air pump under the hood breathe a little easier and give you some more power to play with.
Completely agree. As far as intakes go, I'd either recommend an enclosed CAI or the 14x3 round air intake.

As far as exhaust and headers go, there a thousand different combinations, its more personal preference than anything. Some prefer a single large pipe from the manifolds/headers back, some prefer a high flow cat, some prefer duals, some prefer a gutted cat, some prefer Flowmaster Super 44s, others Magnaflows, others like simple glasspacks, etc., etc., etc.

Almost any direction you go will be better than stock, and even if you don't get a large power gain out of it, you will definintely get a good increase in acceleration.