2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What kindof mileage is everyone getting?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 11:23 AM
jsader79
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What kindof mileage is everyone getting?

I am curios what kinna mileage everyone is getting.. I really would liek to know, b/c I have a 2001 3500 auto w/ 3.55 gears. I am getting about 11 in town and 13 on the hwy. I am wondering if this is normal or if ther might be something wrong with my truck. I have a friend that has a 2000 2500 4x4 and he gets 18+ on the road. I have installed a new turbo and a powerchip that claimed to improve mileage up to 2 mpg, but I havent notice a change at all.... Any suggestions???

Old 03-29-2008, 11:59 AM
CSCustomCars
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What kindof mileage is everyone getting?

I take it you have a diesel? Try posting in the cummins sections. They would be able to help you figure out if there is something wrong better than we can. We're gassers over here and 13 is pretty average with us.

Old 03-29-2008, 01:45 PM
shawnsack
Rookie

i don't drive a diesel but i pay quite a bit of attention to them and 11 to 13mpg with 3.55 gears without a load is rather low... if you had 4.10s and were loaded that might be a little more accurate. but i would definately talk to the diesel guys cuz you got something going on causing you to drink that much fuel. plus on another note when they took the sulfur outta diesel fuel and made all kinds of changes i heard alot of diesel trucks on the roads are just drinking it up and they are getting **** for mileage...

Old 03-29-2008, 10:02 PM
1BigRamaniac
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ha ha ha ha. I love this post, because it comes up every now and then. Sometimes people fall in love with the look of a Ram and do not know that they are really bad on gas. I have a 1995 Ram that gets 16.4 yearly average. I have had it up over 18. Now, with that said, you must know I drive 55, on 98% highway and it is a 2wd. Your mileage sounds about write. The winter blend gas should be changing over soon. I keep track of my gas on the fuel log of gasbuddy.com. I don't know where you live but that organization has places everywhere. Here it is saintlouisgasprices.com.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:50 AM
mopar1973man
Veteran

Using my Scangauge II I'm pull about 14.5 to 15.2 MPG in my Mom's 1996 5.9L Gasser... Not a bad truck with a Mopar Performance PCM...

Old 03-30-2008, 12:18 PM
wvjefo
Professional

I am getting 11 around town & highway. If I had to drive it everyday I would cry. Thank God for the ricer.

Jeff

Old 03-30-2008, 12:59 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

with all the soccer moms driving around in hummers on their cell phones while they're screaming at kids in the back seat and not looking at the road, while smoking a cigarette, eating a sandwhich, and drinking a drink all at the same time...

Not to mention, old people, drunk people, teenagers, and people who just have their head up their *** I'll pay the extra money for gas.

That's the price you pay for the safety and comfort of a big truck. Not to mention it comes in handy for everything. Towing, hauling, offroading. Great in the snow. Not to mention They look cool. and they make you look cool while you're driving it

Hell no little gas happy car would ever hold up to the crap I do that doesn't even phase my truck.
Comes in handy for work too.

Quick Reply: What kindof mileage is everyone getting?