2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Just Bought

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 01:07 PM
Quanobear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Bought

Grettings everyone, I just bought me a new (well new to me) 2001 Dodge Ram Sport 4x4 Quad cab Blackwith the 5.9 V8 Magnum. I got her for a great price. She does have over 117,000 on her but, sheseems very sound and the drive so far is exellent. The body is almost perfect withan execptionto a few small spots on the Passanger door and bed railwhere the paint is just starting to bubble. Easily fixable. I'm very excited.
My question to everyone is: What should be the first thing I do to her in terms of a tune up or point of interests I should focus on. Plugs wires, filters, additives, specific maintaince..ect.
This is my personal Vehical for me and my son. She wont get driven to much in the fact that I have a work Van that I live in during the week. But I do want my "New baby" to last me a while. So any sugestion would be apprciacted.

Thank you and happy trucking.

[IMG]local://upfiles/87109/08342D8C2DA24660AF78BDFD5BCD11FA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-29-2008, 04:34 PM
wick001
Default RE: Just Bought

If you don't know when the last maintenance was done on the truck, i would change all the fluids. (Coolant, transmission, transfer case, front & rear axles, oil, etc...) And put new plugs, wires, cap & rotor on.

what did you pay for it if you don't mind?

Old 03-29-2008, 09:38 PM
Blaydrnnnr
Professional
Default RE: Just Bought

yep.. go the whole route.. plugs, wires, rotor, cap, fluids..( all of the fluids!! ) give it a good look over... leaking gaskets... pay special attention to things like if its using oil...shifting ranges....paying attention to things like these will let you know early if problems may be arising.... the truck has some miles on it so you need to keep an eye on things...

Oh and welcome and good luck!!

Quick Reply: Just Bought