2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Possible Electric Seat Switch/Control fix.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 11:33 PM
98DodgeRam1500
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Possible Electric Seat Switch/Control fix.

My seat switch was tempermental and it would do some things all the time, and some things none of the time.
[ul][*]Front switch - would lower the front of the seat, but not raise it.[*]4 way would move seat closer but not backwards, would move seat up, but not down.[*]Rear switch - would lower back of seat, sometimes move it up.[*]Lumbar swtich would rarely inflate, but would always deflate.[/ul]
So I got to tinkering and took the side panel off, and removed the back of the switch from the wiring block. Sprayed it with some old R/C motor cleaner and let it dry, then plugged it back in and toggled the swtiches. They started to work, all but one, so I sprayed it some more and kept toggling the switch. It finally worked. I kept moving all the switches in every direction, it kept working better and better, then finally like new.

I am glad, because if you moved the seat up you couldn't move it back without messing with the switch for a good 10mins. I just had tires put on and was embarassed to say the switch was broken, and I am short enough that the 6' fella was gonna want to move it backwards.

Anyhow... just thought I would pass along some good news...

Quick Reply: Possible Electric Seat Switch/Control fix.