2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Engine trouble, need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 12:21 PM
RedRocket
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine trouble, need help

Just the other day I started my 99 4x4, it was a little rough (cold out) so I let it warm up. But when I was driving that day (and since) it seems to not get gas when I press the pedal, but when I let up on the pedal the RPMs spike a bit then return to where they were not going down to idle. They don't lower until I hit the brakes. Now here is the really weird part, that first day I drove it for an hour trying to figure out what was wrong, trying different things. I turned it off and started it again, and it seemed that the problem had went away... but it came back after a while. Now it does it off and on. I don't know what could cause this, I tried spraying penetrating lube on the throtle cable, and that didn't really seem to effect it. I was looking for some possiblities here before I go to a garage, last time I went to the dealership (for something else) it cost me $50 just for a mechanic to look at it, and they didn't even tell me it was going to cost me anything.

Quick Reply: Engine trouble, need help