2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 02:46 AM
moparornothing
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headers

which type of headers are better, pacesetter long tubes or some other make of shorties? which gains the most power and fuel mileage?

Old 04-06-2008, 03:04 AM
TIMIDONE
All Star
Default RE: headers

ha! funny you posted this...I PM two people and waiting for a reply!

From what I know, which is not a lot but more and more each day, the long headers will get you better torque and hp in the long run than shortties but unless you are drastically modding you truck it would not be just. In that case shortties might be best...just what I read.

Also if you get short you wont have to mod your y pipe...again from what I read today.

Old 04-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Blaydrnnnr
Professional
Default RE: headers

The shorties.. ( depending on which you buy..) for the most part are direct replacement... meaning they are SUPPOSED to bolt right to your exhaust Y pipe. I have the Gibson shorties...they fit exactly as they say.. bolted right up. If you go long tube.. you will have to do exhaust modifications.... if your planning a new exhaust anyway.. than this might not be an issue. The performance gains between the two... if your running around town...you wont seemuch differences.. if your running the highway alot... you will see some.. if your gonna be racing.. long tube is the best choice hands down.

Mileage.... I did my headers with a whole set up..Better breathing Air cleaner,TB, headers, Harland Sharp Rolling Rockers,Hi-flo cat and Hi-flo exhaust. So any changes so far I couldnt possibly say was one thing or the other....it was a whole combo intended to breathe better. I have to say as well, I installed my shorties onto my stock exhaust before getting the exhaust changed....no one could tell, ( sound wise ) with a stock muffler on.

Quick Reply: headers