2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Q about Liner

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Silver_Power
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q about Liner

Quick Question. My old Rhino linar is toast.. believe my dad got walmart to spray it on.. dunno. Anyways it held its own for 7 years. but my question is.. I know the fact that its pealing wont go to well with just spraying on a new liner.. So do I need to pill it off.. if so any kit that will help with that? or will they pill it off before they re-spray it. Only concern with me doing it is.. would have to do it like a day or so before i got it sprayed.. for the rust. Thnx

Old 04-06-2008, 01:31 PM
8t5gt
Veteran
Default RE: Q about Liner

i have used a wire wheel and a drill to take my liner out before. they might take it off when u get it resprayed but expect to pay extra, much like getting yoour truck tinted and the place charges extra to remove old tint

Old 04-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Silver_Power
Veteran

Yea.. Kinda what I expected.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Shawn86
Professional

Thats exactly why I dont like sprayon liners, Once they get scratched or start to pell and water gets underneather them, the rust will just go to town on your bed. On mine; the idiot before half-assed the liner, then cut-out a hole for the gooseneck and didn't seal the cut. So now, from the center of the bed out the liner is peeling and slowly rusting. ohwell, sorry, just felt like ranting about my bed

Quick Reply: Q about Liner