2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New RPMs, and overdrive questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 12:03 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New RPMs, and overdrive questions

It's like I love the tint, but I don't know how to enjoy it lol. I get the visual satisfaction, but I hardly can enjoy when I'm driving lol. I'm so paranoid. Today I had to tow a van down I-95 for about 20 miles, and the whole time I was just so stressed out lol. I have huge anxiety when it comes to cops. My first two years of my license was a nightmare. I was suspended 3 times. Once for having people in my car before my first 6 months was up, the second time for limo tint on my dodge neon, and 3rd time for going 105mph on I-95(he put it down to 94 mph so I didn't get a finger up my ***). I was pulled over many other times but got away with about 5 other potential pull overs. So in a way, I'm very retarded for going right back to my routes and slapping limo tint back on my truck. I just got all my points back from all the bull**** I went through the first two years of my license. So now I'm extra paranoid with everything. I always roll my windows down when my radar detector goes off, and on the highway I was all stressed because I was towing this stupid van, and there were cops EVERYWHERE on the sides of the road taking radar lol. And when your going 65mph on a highway, you really can't have your windows down lol, so it was very stressful. But my brother was telling me once you get used to it being on you learn where to have the windows rolled down, he just thinks I'm extra paranoid because it's newly tinted and because of my "tint past" lol. It does look really good though lmao, the whole truck is just one big black monster, it's so sweet, but ahh can be stressfull at times...

Old 04-11-2008, 12:28 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree it does look good. That being stressed out is a part of the reason why I don't have 5% on my front windows. I was told by everyshop I talked to around here and a few people even that if I do it to expect some tickets because I will be getting them.

I was going to get them to do them 5% but decided to call and just get them to do the rear.

The other part is that insurance. You should take the 5% off and put some nice 35% on there. It's still fairly dark but not as noticable as 5%.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:40 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

ORIGINAL: 01DodgeRam360

It's like I love the tint, but I don't know how to enjoy it lol. I get the visual satisfaction, but I hardly can enjoy when I'm driving lol. I'm so paranoid. Today I had to tow a van down I-95 for about 20 miles, and the whole time I was just so stressed out lol. I have huge anxiety when it comes to cops. My first two years of my license was a nightmare. I was suspended 3 times. Once for having people in my car before my first 6 months was up, the second time for limo tint on my dodge neon, and 3rd time for going 105mph on I-95(he put it down to 94 mph so I didn't get a finger up my ***). I was pulled over many other times but got away with about 5 other potential pull overs. So in a way, I'm very retarded for going right back to my routes and slapping limo tint back on my truck. I just got all my points back from all the bull**** I went through the first two years of my license. So now I'm extra paranoid with everything. I always roll my windows down when my radar detector goes off, and on the highway I was all stressed because I was towing this stupid van, and there were cops EVERYWHERE on the sides of the road taking radar lol. And when your going 65mph on a highway, you really can't have your windows down lol, so it was very stressful. But my brother was telling me once you get used to it being on you learn where to have the windows rolled down, he just thinks I'm extra paranoid because it's newly tinted and because of my "tint past" lol. It does look really good though lmao, the whole truck is just one big black monster, it's so sweet, but ahh can be stressfull at times...
The heck you can't. lol. Shoot, if its halfway decent outside (like today and yesterday)... 100% windows down. Even in summer I never use the A/C. My House I grew up in until 5th grade (good time ago now) lol... it never had A/C. My first car didn't have A/C. However my mom is an A/C fanatic. (you can see who I take after.... my father) I guess you get used to it if you dont have it lol. Oh well,haha. Tint looks nice btw.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:10 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Thanks man. This is very true though pcfixerpro, on nice days, it's a no brainer to have the windows rolled down. And at night, you don't stick out like a sour thumb. It's the highway driving, and the rainy days that are going to be the clinchers. I'll keep the limo tint. If I can get away without being pulled over for it for a year, then I'll keep it. If I get bagged, I am putting 35% on. 35% would still be illegal here in Maine, but nobody would say anything. We'll see how the limo tint goes though first. I really like it though, gives the truck that extra aggressive look. Lets just see how long that lasts though[8D]

Old 04-11-2008, 01:25 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

So we've concluded that overdrive is determined by the pcm right? Or is it something at tv adjustment could change? I've noticed the only weird shift is from 3rd gear into overdrive. All the other gears seem great. For example. I was pulling onto the highway from a toll booth. Truck shifts great out of first. Truck shifts great out of 2nd gear. Truck is still gaining speed in 3rd gear and moving great. And then as I hear it start to want to shift into overdrive it will start to kind of wind up and then boom, a very unsmooth skip into overdrive occurs. And then it will go into overdrive and continue to gain speed. I found that in overdrive, the truck loses oomp from about 45-55 mph. Once I get past 55mph, the truck regains power because it's moving fast enough for 4th gear. If I have to travel in overdrive at 45-55mph, the truck is very tough to sustain speeds with, but the highway does feel very good. Any thoughts why the very unsmooth shift into overdrive? All the other gears shift great, but if I have any kind of good throttle going into overdrive, it will clunk. If I let off right before it shifts into overdrive, it will do it nicely, but then I loose momentum, so it sucks letting off right before it shifts out of 3rd gear. Is this also a tv adjustment, or is that just the way it is?

Quick Reply: New RPMs, and overdrive questions