2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How much you think I can get for her?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 01:43 AM
DodgeFan01
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much you think I can get for her?

I got a Hemi, so selling my lifted truck, no reason to keep her around. Based off the details I can give you now, what would you pay for it, if you were looking for a lifted truck?

1998 5.9L, 4x4 Short Bed, Extended Cab, 124,000 Miles, Dark Forest Green

Engine was replaced at 121,000 Miles, previous owner blew a rod through it. The engine that replaced it had 71,000 on it, now has 73,000.

New Track Bar.

4 Wheel drive works fine.

Torque Converter Replaced.

Transmission had some repair work, I dont recall what was repaired but I can dig up the recepit if you'd like to know to give me a price. Transmission hasnt given me any problems since ive owned it.

3 Inch Suspension / 3 Inch Body Lift,
37 inch Toyo tires, 95% trend left.
DRIIV Deep Dish Rims.
2 Speakers added for surround sound, but rest is stock sound.
Flowmaster 40.
Removeable rear mudflaps [Front too, just havent gotten around to welding the angle irons]
Drop in K&N Filter.
Stainless Steel Nerf Bars.
Power locks 'n Windows.
12 Miles to the gallon if foot isnt in the peddle, 3.55 stock gearing.
I think theres wires ran under driver seat for Amp and wires under the back seat for sub's.
And the best addition, a #88 and #3 Dale Earnhardt Jr / Senior sticker on the back!

Nicks and scratches here and there, nothing too major or noticeable from a distance.

Whatever price you guys suggest, do you think this will be a bit difficult to sell being i'll have to explain to the customer that the engine was replaced, and a typical thought of them might be "If engine was replaced then it must have some sort of problem" when in reality, I think it runs great?

Old 04-11-2008, 11:23 AM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker
Default RE: How much you think I can get for her?

well those 3.55's with that lift is gonna be a problem. so id prolly pay 4 max because the gears will need to be redone. not knowing anything about gears or lifts, id pay 5.

Old 04-11-2008, 11:27 AM
davmelrach
Rookie
Default RE: How much you think I can get for her?

I had you confused initially with the dude that posted one like yours for $14000 on here yesterday so I had to change a couple of issues here, but anyway.

1. You will never and I mean never recover the cost of mods. The best you can do is take off whatever mods you have stock replacement parts for and attempt to recover your loss at about 50% cut rate.

2. Banks are only going to loan what the book value is on a 2001 truck like yours with high miles. They never consider or care about mods, motors, etc.... so if you want the price you are going to get via a buyer needing a loan, look up your truck in Kelleys or NADA for private seller FAIR condition and that is about what you are going to get.

3. You may under rare circumstances, and with a little luck, find someone with cash money who is looking for and appreciates your truck for what it is. However, you will only get a fraction over book if you are lucky. With gas creeping up on $4 its gonna be tough.

So... I ran your truck on Kelley Blue Book with 190,000 loaded out and in good condition and your looking at $7200. That is in good condition, top dollar. Like i said if you find someone looking for those types of mods that has cash money, you may get a tad more but unlikely. These trucks are not really selling well anywhere right now so I kinda agree with the last post 6 gand to me seems like about all your gonna get. Good luck with your sale!