2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

14.40s @ 94mph.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 09:51 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14.40s @ 94mph.

Went to the track to see how the truck is doing.2 Downright horrible runs. Track conditions were deplorable, they shoved test and tune into the last hour of the day after 5 oil downs (and one rear axle that fell off of a duster) along with the track being slightly slick from oil, they had us run in a light drizzle! Ricer excuses, yea, but thats how it was. I couldnt get better than a 2.1 60', kept spinning (same 60 as last year). Still need to put in the posi in so I can use the slicks I have wich will help a lot. I still have a lot of adjustments to make before its running right. One thing that is really needed is that I adjust my shifter linkage. Its off quite a bit, and both runs I shifted into neutral. On top of that, I had almost 500 lbs more in the truck than I did when I ran 15.03s last year. So with all the drawbacks of the day, going 5mph faster and 6 tenths quicker Im relitively content. I dont think it should be slower than 14.0 as it stands once everything is adjusted. I dont think I will have any issues getting 13.5 or so once I have the gears in. If I do get arround that, Ill be getting a converter as well and then a nitrous system with a small shot just to squeek 12s out this year.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:57 PM
Blaydrnnnr
Professional
Default RE: 14.40s @ 94mph.

Great work Indy... I'm a HUGE fan of this truck..keep us updated... right now 4X4 but I WILL someday be 2WD with an attitude!!!

Old 04-13-2008, 10:14 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: Blaydrnnnr

Great work Indy... I'm a HUGE fan of this truck..keep us updated... right now 4X4 but I WILL someday be 2WD with an attitude!!!
Thanks for your fanship
Best of luck with your aspirations, youll get it!

Old 04-13-2008, 10:19 PM
v10power
Professional

This i'm guessing was the first time out to the track this year? Well if it was i don't really consider that a dissappointment with the said track conditions. Picked up 6 tenths from last year with all that was lost then redone is quite a feat if you ask me. I'm sure you have more ideas of where you are and what needs to be done to get it where you want it to be. I would consider that a good step stone. Great work indy, and keep it up. Also do you have any recent pics of it, i havent been on here much lately working on my own things if you already posted them.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:20 PM
Blaydrnnnr
Professional

I'm tryin!!!!Saw that post of the Indy for sale.. I was seriously thinking. if I could buy that sucker and swap out my 5.9L since I've done all this work.. but 5975 is alot for a swap truck... any new vids??? I'm waiting....[:@]
Speaking of recent pics// that one of you and the Chevelle at the light was nice. but.........VIDS???!!!!!

Old 04-13-2008, 11:13 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: v10power

This i'm guessing was the first time out to the track this year? Well if it was i don't really consider that a dissappointment with the said track conditions. Picked up 6 tenths from last year with all that was lost then redone is quite a feat if you ask me. I'm sure you have more ideas of where you are and what needs to be done to get it where you want it to be. I would consider that a good step stone. Great work indy, and keep it up. Also do you have any recent pics of it, i havent been on here much lately working on my own things if you already posted them.
oh yea, I totaly agree with you. Its a great starting point. I need to grab a new charger for my camera before I can get any pictures or videos. Next weekend I believe Im going back to the track and Ill be bringing a couple people with me that can take videos so hopefully I get it by then.

ORIGINAL: Blaydrnnnr

I'm tryin!!!!Saw that post of the Indy for sale.. I was seriously thinking. if I could buy that sucker and swap out my 5.9L since I've done all this work.. but 5975 is alot for a swap truck... any new vids??? I'm waiting....[:@]
Speaking of recent pics// that one of you and the Chevelle at the light was nice. but.........VIDS???!!!!!
yea, theres a quick blurp of my truck I posted yesterday. Its something like "what 6000 rpm in my truck sounds like"

Old 04-13-2008, 11:16 PM
Mowhawk
Record Breaker

Even with all the drawbacks thats pretty good bro. I cant wait till i can finally start doing the serious mods on my truck so i can compete wit you and Rm. Gonna be some time before i can compete though haha, but when that day comes i will see you on the strip man, im really looking forward to it.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:44 PM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

im another huge fan of this truck. keep up the good work man, that things a beast.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:11 AM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good et, congrats, your well on your way

Old 04-14-2008, 09:49 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Idk I hate to be negative but I don't think thats that great from the way everyone on here talks about how fast your car is. Thats not that much faster than my Honda thats stock. I mean I guess it's good for a Ram and it's awesome how you built it back up so quickly but I don't think that is that fast. I do however think you are well on your way and for a Dodge Ram that is a pretty good time. It's a super nice looking truck. Post up some new pictures of it.

Quick Reply: 14.40s @ 94mph.