2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need some help with painting

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 06:32 PM
95 Jamin Ram
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need some help with painting

Yesterday i found a almost full can of dupli-color rubber coating stuff i cant remeber what it is called. So i sprayed the rear wheel wells and the frame i did not sand the rust off frame should i be ok for a while it suppoed to be a rust preventer but i dont know will i be ok?

Old 04-20-2008, 08:50 PM
dodgeram07
Champion
Default RE: Need some help with painting

I sanded my frame first and then put of the 3m undercoating stuff on... and it looked good, and lasted all summer. But then that winter all of it came off, i think it came off because of the salt.. the next summer i use a
wire brush on a drill to take the rust off and painted the whole frame with rustoleum i looked great.. It also held up good in the winter..there are a few place i will need to go back and touch up... then i will paint it all again to match and hope it doesn't come back.. hope that helps[/align]

Old 04-20-2008, 09:26 PM
WD OPN Throttle
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have to sand it first. Otherwise little rocks and other road debris will knock off the rust and therefore the pain and you will be back to square one.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:55 PM
95 Jamin Ram
Professional

ill probly get two more cans of it tommarow sand it down and then spray it Thanks!

Quick Reply: Need some help with painting