2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

v10

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 06:53 PM
CySlyde
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default v10

not sure if someone was blowin smoke at me or not... but ran across a guy today who says he has a "sports model with a v10 just like yours (mine)" told me I could have it for a resonable price, cept the tranny is gone and the truck needs a new grill and bumper.

so my questions are.

did they make an extended cab sport v10 4x4 non dually (seem to remember they made v10 duallys for some strange reason) or is this most likely some type of incomplete swap?

what tranny would it require if the orig is not in the truck, or not in rebuildable shape?

and how much worse would it be on gas versus my 360?

Might not be a bad find for the fiancee, and it could keep her paws off my work truck.
thanks for the info

Old 04-21-2008, 07:22 PM
rabbler
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: v10

Yes you could get a Sport 3/4 or 1 ton with a V10 depending on year.
It should have a 47/48 RH/RE if an automatic or a NV4500 manual. Possibly a 6 speed manual depending on year.
The V10 will use more gas but depending how you drive it will determine real world gas mileage

Old 04-21-2008, 08:39 PM
CySlyde
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: v10

Thanks Rabbler. I am going to be back in the area tomorrow, and I know how to get ahold of him. I'll see if he / I have time to swing by and take a look at it.

I am assuming I could swap in a six speed if it is manual regaurdless of which manual it came with.