2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I lied. More transmission questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 02:50 PM
jagxtype
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I lied. More transmission questions

replaced the filter and the truck drove alright for the first twenty miles. After that the trans started to buck between fist and second gear and was slow to shift into third ( higher rpm then it should for the throttle being applied) at WOT the truck doesn't miss a beat into any of the gears. As long as I give it about quarter throttle it will not buck in first gear and also doesn't do it either when I manually hold it into first. It will still be slow to make the shift unless I let almost allthe way off. Also it dowwnshifts into second at only half throttle in conditions where it should be 3/4 or full throttle.

Any ideas? Trans filter again? TV linkagenwed adjustment? Intermediate band? TPS sensor? MAP sensor?

Old 04-23-2008, 03:02 PM
mstephen89
Captain
Default RE: I lied. More transmission questions

I would change the TPS, they have a tendency to cause tranny issues

Old 04-23-2008, 04:48 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Adjust the trans shift cable and make sure you have enough fluid.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:03 PM
jagxtype
Professional

i am doing the free stuff first like adjusting the TV linkage. Then i will have to get the ol' DVOM out and test the TPS, MAP, and VSS.Then it will be the trans filter and band adjustment. After that i am driving the hunk of **** off a cliff.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:09 PM
jagxtype
Professional

on a side note i ordered a force street and strip muffler for my truck (to replace the quite and ****ty sounding rattlebox $10 muffler thats on it) from summitracing.com and received it and its so bent up i can not even think nabout getting it to go on. This is the 1 billionth thing i have gotten from them that has been damaged. I told them i better have it by friday morning so they are expiditing it[8D] They better hurry the fock up! pay $10 for handling charges on a 35.XX dollar muffler and they cant even pack a good condidtion one or well enough that it doesnt get damaged while shipping it...Jesus Christ...

Quick Reply: I lied. More transmission questions