2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Goodfellas transmission - input PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 09:02 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Goodfellas transmission - input PLEASE

I agree if you don't have the tools and knowledge or people helping that have the tools and knowledge to do it I'd just buy one from one of the reputable places that build them.

Have you gotten your quotes from Wanye? Like I said it took about a month and a week for me and a guy on PS that ordered his a month or so before me seemed to have his take a little longer but he was also in the middle of holidays and he said Wanye had gotten sick or something during that time. If yours is about ready to go might be a good idea to get one rather than have it go then have to wait a month and a half before you get it in.

I will say it was worth the wait imo and like I said Wanye threw in a heavy duty overdrive unit for me that wasn't included in the transmission I had paid for since I had to wait. You can't ask for more than that. He did everything is his power to make everything right even though it really wasn't anything wrong in the first place. I did call a couple times a week to check up on the status. I'm sure he didn't like that but I wanted to know what was going on and if I paid that much I for sure want to be able to do that. He never acted like he cared though and always acted glad to talk to me. I just can't say anything bad about the whole ordeal other than like I said it took a little longer than expected but was worth it.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:12 AM
jagxtype
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ron333, that is exactly what mine is doing. I have been messing around with it a little and i have got it do stop minus every once in a while. Give me a week or so and i will have the solution...which might be to have it rebuilt. I personally will drive mine until it has gone completely to ****...i just dont care enough and will just buy a new one.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:31 PM
securtis12
Professional

I went with Dr. Evil and I am very happy with it. I talked with Stacey there and we talked thru everything I do with the truck and what I have changed and came up with what I needed. I think either APS or Dr. Evil are both very good builders just go with the one that gives you a good feeling. I started to go with Tom's river because it was less but something just did not feel right and then called Dr. Evil and they answered all my questions and then some.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:50 PM
ron333
Captain

UPDATE - for those who are interested...

I got an email with 4 different quotes from APS yesterday afternoon as well as answers to my first 2 questions. They have a lot of choices to add for each performance level tranny. Wayne does seem very friendly in his emails. I even emailed him on the 5th to check on how the quotes were coming along and in that email I told him that I was debating on either buying from him or getting a Dr. Evil tranny. I told him I just wanted the best value for the money. He has emailed me a lot of info that I must digest before sending him my next list of questions that I no doubt will have. His trannies are more expensive than the Dr. Evil ones, and I need to decide if the extra money is justifiable for my needs, and my budget. He gets a good review from me so far with his willingness to be as informative as possible. He doesn't just give a short answer, but explains why as well. I'll keep you guys posted as things progress.

Old 05-08-2008, 04:45 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exactly thats how he was with me and a huge reason of why I bought from him. He explains what he does and why he does it and seems to answer any questions in detail. Did you ask Dr. Evil about the 5.0 ratio arm or whatever APS says not to use and they use?

Anyway APS gets a huge thumbs up from me. I just would order it a few weeks or a month or two before you want to have it as it does take some time to build one.

Old 05-10-2008, 12:52 PM
jagxtype
Professional

ron333...i found out what the problem is...

VVV

VVVV

VVVVVVV

VVVVVVVVVVVV

Your trans is bad...mine blew the f*** up shortly after all that.

Old 05-10-2008, 02:31 PM
ron333
Captain

Sorry to hear that. It would seem we're in the same boat still, but now in deeper water. I am waiting for a reply back from the Dr. Evil company. I asked a few questions that I want answered before I make my decision. I'll keep everyone informed as things progress.

Old 05-10-2008, 03:00 PM
jagxtype
Professional

the hell with that...mine is a little 2wd that seldom hauls trailers or anything else of the sort. I will stick with a reman or something like that. I swear everything i own broke at one time and i need like $3K to get it all back together. My jaguar (beleive it or not with these things history) is the only thing still going.

I would like to keep updated though...if the benefits are great enough and the price is right i might have to go your route as well.

Old 05-13-2008, 05:08 PM
ron333
Captain

Who has experience with Fastman's transmission? They have been quick to respond to my questions, but I am conserned that I haven't heard of anybody who has gotten one from him.

APS was very detailed on their 4 different quotes they gave me and listed each option and the price for each so I could fine tune he build. They are more expensive than Dr. Evil by quite a bit if you go with their complete package for their tranny comparable to Dr. Evil, but they have been very informative so far and make it easy to fine tune your options. As you have read, there are very positive referrals for them, especially from HTM, but are they enough to justify almost 50% more end cost? I need the answers from Dr. Evil to be able to form an opinion on that.

I have emailed Dr. Evil twice now as of a few minutes ago. They seem to have the better pricing, and I have read many positive referrals for them as well. I just need to get my answers from them before I can make my decision.

I ruled out Goodfellas. They seemed nice to talk to, but I didn't get that confident feeling from them that I was looking for. I had that gut feeling that I would end up wishing I had spent a little more for far better results. If I were to have it rebuilt so I could sell the truck, then I would go with them. I plan on keeping this truck until I'm bankrupt from feeding it petro , so going the cheap route isn't an option.

I'll post more when I have it.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:01 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I'll bet Dan Arcand builds a good tranny, but if you're concerned, call him and ask for customer references. I'll bet he's got some floating around.

have you tried asking on Bionicdodge, Pavementsucks, or Pirate4X4? those might be some good sites to try as well.

Quick Reply: Goodfellas transmission - input PLEASE