2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tailgate cover

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 01:57 AM
Spartan
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tailgate cover

I have noticed on some Rams the tailgates are the same color thoughout....on mine and a few others i have seen it has a black cover on the lower half. Im not sure but i think i havnt seen it on anyof the sports models but i belive that i have seen it on a off road "that DIDNT have the sport package. What does it mean? was it an option or something that went with another package? Also can it be removed "AKA is it painted underneath" i dont think i wanna take it off just something i noticed that i didnt know why some had it and some didn't. By the way my truck is a 99 SLT quadcab 1500 5.9 sb leather interior with "wood" trim and it has "door dent" bars on it "the black strips that run down till you hit the back fender well. and its white.. any thoughts?

Old 01-11-2005, 02:46 AM
Ramtuff
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tailgate cover

I've seen it on some SLT's and other SLT's don't have it (don't know if I've seen on ST's or not). It must be part of some exterior trim package, but what package that is I have no idea (the black moulding going down the side of your truck was probably part of that package though). I think I read that it's just held on with double sided tape, so you could remove it, and the tailgate will be painted underneath it. Becareful though if you do decide to remove it, as the paint might not match up right due to sun fading (your white paint should have faded much though).

Quick Reply: Tailgate cover