2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Window Visors - Few Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 05:33 PM
ripto
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Window Visors - Few Questions

The picture with the instructions is kind of weird, so I figure I post here. Do the in-channel visors actually go in the window track itself? When the windows rolled up should it actually be sliding against the visor? There is a little lip on the outside of the window by the metal frame so I'm not sure if I'm supposed to peel that back and slide it in there.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:42 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes , they go in the window track.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:43 PM
ripto
Captain

Ah alright, although I think my friend's in channel ones go right up against the metal on his 96. Should I be worried about the glass and visor getting scratched at all?

Old 05-17-2008, 08:27 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

yes, the glass does contact the visor up in the track.
no, it won't hurt anything.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:07 PM
ripto
Captain

So I put the visors in on Saturday and let them sit for about 10 hours before I used the truck. They didn't look so great. I saw my friend's truck again and his are actually right against the outside of the door. That little rubber lip is peeled back and the visor is in there rather than the window channel. His have been like that since his dad got the truck back in 2000. When I got home I decided to take mine off and put them in that spot against the metal and it looks so much better imo. I wasn't able to get the passenger 100% against the metal so theres a little gap (2 mm or so) and water beads up there when it rains but I don't see it being a real problem. I'll post some pics later. It looks more like the out of channel stick on ones with the in-channel application, which was what I was going for originally, too bad I didn't do it that way first. That gap bothers me lol but I guess I can live with it.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:19 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you got them so you like them. I don't know if I've ever seen the in channel ones in person but I actually really like my ones that are not in the channel ones.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:29 PM
ripto
Captain

Yeah I guess I was expecting them to look different, like my friends. I didn't realize they actually went in the window channel; you can barely see them and theres basically no room between the visor and window. I guess whoever put my friends visors on did them like that by accident or something, I don't know. I wanted them to stick out a bit more so you can actually see em.

Oh yea, I also wasn't aware the passenger one was going to block some of the side view mirror [8D]

Quick Reply: Window Visors - Few Questions