2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Locking Gas Cap Fitment Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 11:45 PM
Nitroman
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Locking Gas Cap Fitment Question

Received my locking gas cap, but the thing simply cannot screw in. My original is the drop in and turn a couple times. This new one is completely threaded. Is there a different top in the filler neck for the locking/non-locking? Or am I a spas and can't thread a cap?

Old 05-17-2008, 01:49 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Locking Gas Cap Fitment Question

There are a couple different styles of caps. The one that I had purchased for my 1995 Dodge Dakota (threaded quite a bit) would not fit my current 2001 Dodge Ram (barely threaded).

See if you can't check part #s and see which you should have and what you have now. Then take it back to wherever you bought it and get it exchanged for one that works. Any auto parts store should be able to look it up for you, they did for me.

Old 05-17-2008, 03:05 AM
Nitroman
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Locking Gas Cap Fitment Question

Yep, I think they sent me the wrong one. I shot the parts place an email. They have a perfect record on fleaBay so they'll make it good.

Quick Reply: Locking Gas Cap Fitment Question