2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

tranny problems??

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 12:35 AM
ice_icee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny problems??

I just had my tranny rebuilt and im having problems already after just picking the truck up the mechanic says it may be the govoner but i want to know if it could be something else when you take off it acts like its pushing against something like something holding it back. it takes off real slow I have a 1995 dodge 1500 4x4 with the 5.2L 318 and a 518a transmission. theres no code but of course its still the obd 1

Old 05-17-2008, 12:53 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: tranny problems??

You sure it's not slipping? Kind of sounds like with my old transmission where it seemed like it was slipping when I tried to take off.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here but I don't understand why more people don't go with APS and get a nice transmission. It seems like 90% of the posts I read from people getting them rebuilt locally are unhappy and still have transmissions that aren't working correctly and or don't seem to last.

Old 05-17-2008, 01:00 AM
ice_icee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its not slipping its just like as if there was another vehicle in front of me that im pushing. I chose to get it done locally because the shop here build their own tc's and has a good track record he told me to bring it back monday if the govoner started to act up again. it acted up when they first test drove it but it freed up and was fine now im wondering if it could be something else.

Old 05-17-2008, 02:51 PM
rabbler
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It could be a stuck governor. Maybe it is taking off in 2nd gear.
Try it in manual 1 and see if it accel better

Quick Reply: tranny problems??