2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Couple Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 03:20 AM
schei1rg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple Questions

Hey all, got a few things that need fixin' on my '95 dodge ram 1500.

1) The tailgate doesn't close, probably needs new hinge or something. it will close if you spend half an hour slamming it shut which i'm sure isn't great for it.
2) There's a knocking noise underneath the front end i've looked underneath and can't see anything hangin' that would be knockin'
3) The turn signal isn't blinking anymore when i hit the switch it just stays on, for both sides. check the fuses and they're fine, the hazards still blink so idk.

any help with any of these would be amazing, thanks.

Old 05-17-2008, 04:01 AM
timsalas
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Couple Questions

For number 3.. I had the same issue with my Old car a long time ago, it turned out to be a short in the wiring because of a spill in my car's trunk

for number 2: I have a knocking when I hit bumps, mine is near the rear.. My issue is my shocks are shot

Number 1,.. I dunno :-) Im a newbie

Old 05-17-2008, 05:15 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Try spraying some WD40 or some other lubricant on the hinges of the tailgate. I had this same issue with my 1995 Dakota, and that fixed it.

I had to spray some more on the hinges every month or so, especially when they were cold during the winter.

Old 05-17-2008, 08:14 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

unclip the cables from the tailgate and gently lower it, turn it sort of sideways and it will come completely off. you'll see that it sits on some ball shaped mounts, with some matching pockets in the bottom of the tailgate. clean it all up and make sure there is no major trash in it. lightly grease the ball shaped mounts and reinstall. look at the top of the tailgate for the latches. grease or wd40 those latches and make sure they operate smoothly and are not sticking closed (which would cause it to shut,but not stay shut). if still not working smooth, check tailgate for major bent/warp.

blinker - replace flasher in the fusebox on drivers end of dash.

Quick Reply: Couple Questions