2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Have tint prices gone up this much everywhere else?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 09:30 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Have tint prices gone up this much everywhere else?

I think I've about decided to leave my front windows alone and just maybe tint the back ones more as I keep getting told by almost everyone that if I do 5% in the front that I will get tickets. I've also had some people tell me with it that dark it's a good chance they will make me start stripping it off right there in addition to a ticket. This has made me kind of rethink them even though I'd like to have them 5%.

Anyway I have the rears on my truck tinted with 5% over the factory tint. The rear doesn't look like 5% from the inside to me as the quad cab doors are way darker inside and out and metered almost 5% darker but the tint shop insists it's 5% and they can't get them any darker without putting another layer on and that it must be that the rear had a lighter factory tint which I've heard of but never really noticed it on my truck so I'm not sure if thats it or not.

Anyway I paid $75 for the rear sliding window originally. When I let them know I wasn't happy with it and made them redo part of the rear window as a piece was cut short so light came through they told me I think $50 for another layer. It was cheaper than what I had originally paid. This was around 2 months ago.

Well, I finally decided to day to call and make an appointment and get another layer of 5% put overtop of that layer on just the rear window as a buddy has this on his truck and I like it although he didn't start with factory tint. Anyway I called and they told me it would be $100. This is about double what they told me 2 months ago for a second layer and still $25 more than I paid for the first layer. I asked if they could do the $75 I paid for the first layer and they told me no it would be $100. That would mean I have $175 into just the tint on just the rear window of my truck. Uhh no. I told them I didn't want to do it then.

Has the price of tinting seriously gone up this much in 2 months? The only reason I was going to go with this place is I wanted to keep the warranty and they said they would still give me the warranty as long as they did both layers. However I have not been all that happy with the tint job anyway. I'm tempted to strip it off myself and go get 2 layers put on somewhere else.

Does that seem super expensive for a second layer to anyone else? I just couldn't believe the price difference. Has it gone up that much around you guys?
[/align]

Old 05-20-2008, 09:52 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Have tint prices gone up this much everywhere else?

yeah that seems real high i had my taurus done all limo whole car 150 and its got them lil windows which usually cost more for some reason and that was the cheapest around and they did a good job not great but good u get what u pay for.... but then again u gotta look at fuel and how everthing seems to go up with the price of fuel but our pay rate when was the last time anyones seen a raise ? and that raise was prolly cause u deserve it well we alll need raises now do to fuel.....get on the bus let have a strike......sorry for ranting but that would be my guess call some other shops and even them guys thatll do it in ur driveway....good luck....j

Quick Reply: Have tint prices gone up this much everywhere else?