2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

better gas mileage while truck runs bad.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 12:55 AM
rango726
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default better gas mileage while truck runs bad.

so i posted a bit ago about my truck stumbling and feeling like it was gonna stall. so i decided to try some fuel addative. i bought a thing of lucas fuel system cleaner.i added it when i filled up. ive gotta say my truck is running the best that it has ran since ive owned it. but my gas mileage went down drastically. when it was running like crap i was going roughly 2 weeks on a tank of gas but thats just back and forth to work only roughly 12-15 miles each way. since adding the lucas addative the truck is running great but ate up a half a tank in 3 days. any ideas??? i almost dont mind as my truck is running soo good. but im wondering if anyone else has seen this change.

Old 05-23-2008, 01:34 AM
Shawn86
Professional
Default RE: better gas mileage while truck runs bad.

Its hard to say, I added that same stuff " Upper cylinder lub and fuel additative" but I didn't see much difference. In the gas mileage or the it ran.

Old 05-23-2008, 02:38 AM
v10power
Professional

I use the stuff all the time. I have a major fear of my injectors getting clogged again on my V10, it seems it happens all the time on these. I have never had no negitive results by it and i use it religiously. It seems kinda weird to me that the Lucus was the result of this.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:38 PM
rango726
Professional

the lucus wasnt the result of bad running. it made my truck run sooo good i went camping this past weekend and ha d a bed full of wood and an enclosed trailer with my atv and a bunch of camping stuff and it pulled unbelievable. the best it had ever pulled. almost to were i would expect my truck to be. towing wise. but my mileage went down. im guessing maybe my injectors were plugged and this cleaned them out.? but on the other hand i only used a quater of a tank of gas on the way home with the trailer etc. over all this is a great product ill be using it religiously.

Quick Reply: better gas mileage while truck runs bad.