2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Driveshaft U-joints

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 04:30 PM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Driveshaft U-joints

i got the same u joints from advance. they are good u joints, have the grease nipples so you can grease them every so many miles. why take it to the shop? thats a fairly simple fix that would have saved you alot of money.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:09 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: motorbrreath

i got the same u joints from advance. they are good u joints, have the grease nipples so you can grease them every so many miles. why take it to the shop? thats a fairly simple fix that would have saved you alot of money.
Because as I said I was 30 miles from the house with a noise I wasn't sure what it was and at the time really wasn't even thinking of the u joints. I didn't have tools with me to do it and didn't know if it was something it would be fine to drive home or something that would cause more problems. By the time the shop had it figured out we had the driveshaft out of the truck. At this point I figured it was better off to just let them change it. Had I been at home when this happened I might have checked it out slightly more.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:19 PM
pipeking
Veteran

ya brute force thats what it was i had got from advanced and they were thick and had grease fittings i like them.

Old 05-27-2008, 06:39 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These did have grease fittings too. Is that something you want when you put new ujoints on or are the sealed ones just as good?

Old 05-27-2008, 08:50 PM
pipeking
Veteran

well they are all sealed for the most part. but you can pull the races off of them bcuz you have to to install.they are not like a sealed bearing cuz you cant access those at all, no matter what ujoint you buy you will be able to take the races off,and grease fitting are just a plus.

Quick Reply: Driveshaft U-joints