2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

First WOT

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 03:34 PM
ron333
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First WOT

You're welcome. You mentioned you called SCT for information. I HIGHLY suggest that you deal with Hemifever. He will change the tunes for FREE as long as you buy the tuner from him. The only time he would charge for tunes would be if you dramatically changed the engine, like adding a supercharger, or a turbo system. Even if you did something like that and he was going to charge for the tune, it would only be about $50 to do it. Also, all the future adjusted tunes come via email, so you wouldn't have to send in the programmer and have to wait for it. A lot of times you can have your new tune emailed to you within an hour or less, just depends on how quickly he gets your email. He is VERY good about responding, and he was actually the cheapest I found at the time to buy one from. I believe mine was $569 and that included shipping. I received it in less than a week after I placed my order. I have seen some for sale for the same price, and of course more, but none of those places offered the FREE adjustments to the programming like you get from Hemifever. This is a very important thing to keep in mind when you decide to buy one.

Old 06-02-2008, 05:10 PM
ripto
Captain

Just curious, how do you guys run your trucks with the SCT tuner, do you do a lot of towing? From what hemifever told me there's basically no gains with normal driving.

Old 06-02-2008, 05:31 PM
xskylinedx
Record Breaker

Ram360- I'm not calling you out or anything but how the hell do you afford all this stuff while going to college? I could barely pay for gas when I was in school.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:36 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys are making me want to ditch my Hypertech for a SCT tuner. I've thought about it before but honestly just can't see dropping that kind of cash on something for a little more power. Out of all the bolt on things I've done on anyhing I've never noticed more than a slight difference even in the past when others say how great it was. So that has me hesitant to buy a SCT. The other reason is I like that my Hypertech can adjust my speedo and rev limiter, top speed limiter, and that stuff all while slightly more power. The speedo adjustment was one of the main reasons I got it. That and I got a super good deal on it imo.

The dyno charts on Hypertechs site say it adds something like 20hp if you have it on the premium setting. This imo is pretty good although I don't know how much you can trust the companies dyno charts. I'd like to see charts from someone that dynos their truck with and without one instead of what the companies dyno charts they show say.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:03 AM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

truck to spool up? you put a turbo in that bitch?

Old 06-03-2008, 12:06 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Yeah wouldn't that be something. Couldn't really think of a word to describe it building power up though[8D]