2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What is this worth

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005 | 09:32 PM
hometheaterman
|
Champion
Default What is this worth

Ok I have seriously been considering this Dodge Ram 1500 and would like to buy it but he seems to want a little more than I want to pay. OK It is a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Laramie 4x4 Quad Cab 5.9L with 56,000 miles. It has dual flowmaster exhaust, Skyjacker 3" lift, 33" tires and some differnt wheels but not sure of brand, and a hard bed cover tenou or something no idea how to spell it. It has the factory CD player but I don't care as I will probably replace it also has foglights and powered windows and locks and stuff and sliding rear window and also trailer hitch that says mopar on it so I assume the stock towing package. I took it to have a mechanic inspect it and he said it had a hose going to the tranny fluid leaking a little and a belt was starting to crack. He said minor problems he wouldn't worry about but would tell the guy to come down on the price $2-300 as that is how much it will cost to fix it. He said other than that it was in very good shape. It has a few rock chips maybe one or two on the door that are very small and maybe a 1/2" scratch on the rear bumper other than that in great condition and really in the best shape I have seen of any Dodge Rams I have looked at I saw one F-150 comparable but no others have been in this good of shape I mean it basically is spotless. He wants $19,000 o.b.o I told him I would give him $17,000 since it had those 2 problems. He said oh he really wants to get atleast $18,000. I said ok well thats more than what KBB says it is wroth and there are 2 others around here although base models with more miles and not in as good of shape for $15k. He said he really wanted $18,000 or maybe $17,500 I told him we might go up to $17,500 but that was the max we were going. Just wondering what you guys thought it was worth? We test drove the $15,000 that was in decent shape all stock except one of those camper shell bed covers which I don't like it had some scratches not lift or exhaust which I would like but don't have to have it didn't have a trailer hitch which I have to have and had 87k miles. It also had a few cracks on the dash which I don't think the other one had but I may have just not noticed and the right side of the speakers didn't work so well and no fog lights which I wanted. I would probably upgrade the stereo in either so not a big deal. Both said SLT Laramies and had cloth seats and the 5.9L. Also didn't feel as smooth as the first one and had normal tires not ones with knobbies. First felt really bad jerking then put it in and out of 4wd which had a hard time getting it out but assume I just am not used to it and both are like that and then it rode better but still not like the first one did and it was stock height with normal tires not the mud tires. Whats up with that? I was wondering what the first one is worth? Would I be better off just spending less and adding all that stuff to it even though it will cost more and have more miles the stuff will be new but I could do that?

Old 01-19-2005 | 01:14 PM
hometheaterman
|
Champion
Default RE: What is this worth

Anyone have an opinion on this?

Old 01-19-2005 | 02:39 PM
Drew
Professional

if this is the same truck youve posted about in other threads, sounds like a beast

Old 01-19-2005 | 03:02 PM
Kawazar

It depends on region as far as the price. I just purchased a 2002 Ram 2500 SLT Quad Cab. It had 37500 mi, towing package, camper package, plow package, no leather and I paid 15500. The trucks like you have mentioned are under 15000 here.

Old 01-23-2005 | 03:08 AM
Slick

Get a 2500

Old 01-24-2005 | 03:05 AM
DWILHA

HELL MAN IF YOUR GONNA PAY THAT MUCH GET SOMETHING NEW

Old 01-24-2005 | 03:56 AM
hometheaterman
|
Champion

I don't really want knew as they will be 35k+ from the way it looks and I still don't like them as much and it wont have the tires I need. Around here trucks arnt cheap. I noticed your from Texas I have talked to a few other people from there and they all say these prices are outragious but around here they really arn't that bad stuff seems to be over what KBB is for private party and stuff seems to sell just not all that many trucks around here.

Old 01-24-2005 | 08:15 PM
Slick

you want my 1999 Dodge ram 2500? 4X4 Quad cab 8 foot bed. 5.9L with manual trans. Only 67000 miles. Oh yeah it wont start... $10000.00

Old 01-26-2005 | 02:12 PM
Silver Eagle
Captain

If you shop around you can find much better deals then that. This past October I bought a Dodge Ram 1500 Quad 4 4x4 , two tone paint ,pretty much loaded With the Hemi The list price was $35,960 I paid $23,500 Brand new. It had the short bed chrome nurf bars, chrome trim on the front. sliding rear window ,heated side mirrors ,5 speed auto, 17 inch tires. ,nice looking wheels ,7/70 warranty .Now there advertising even better deals on 04 left overs. And best of all it has zero miles to start.

Old 01-26-2005 | 04:59 PM
hometheaterman
|
Champion

I bought this one. I love it so far. I have been looking around on and off for about a year and haven't found any deals that are really that great. From what I have found I paid inbetween the KBB what the dealer would sell it for and the private party and I still haven't seen any better deals around here. There are a few cheaper but not in that great of shape. It seems like I got a decent deal maybe not the best but a pretty good one and also got the stuff I wanted on it. The exhaust isn't quite as loud as I thought it was when I test drove it though. I has the dual flowmasters and they sound very nice outside the truck but to hear it inside you have to roll your windows down. I think this will be a good thing though as I imagine it gets old after a while hearing the exhaust over everything on the inside.

Quick Reply: What is this worth