2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fuel line question

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 03:29 PM
Gryphon22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel line question

Okay, I seem to be having a problem. I am trying to install a little device I found on JCWhitney.com called the Magnetic Fuel Boss. I figured for $20 might as well give the thing a try. Supposedly it makes the gasoline burn cleaner and increases fuel economy. The problem is I can't seem to follow the fuel line all the way to the engine. I get lost after about 2-3 feet. The instructions for the Fuel Boss state that it should be mounted on the fuel line close to the engine. You can see my dilemma. Can anyone describe where the fuel line runs or maybe even show me some pictures to help out? Thanks a bunch in advance. I am a brand new member to these forums, so I will have to post some pictures of mytruck when I get the chance.

Old 06-28-2008, 04:19 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Fuel line question

Save the $20 bucks for gas! That is BS.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:46 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Don't do it. it does absolutely nothing. return it for $20 credit and get something useful. somebody on here (will look it up) set their damn truck on fire fooling around with something like that.

here you go...

https://dodgeforum.com/m_1171749/tm.htm
https://dodgeforum.com/m_1172505/tm.htm
https://dodgeforum.com/m_1200298/tm.htm

Old 06-28-2008, 10:52 PM
johnnyrocket5363
Captain

I agree. My truck had a device called a "tornado" in the hose from the fender to the intake box. Things like this are marketed as "miracle fixes" but are a bunch of hooey. But, if you still want to, the fuel line comes off the frame, up the back side of the tranny, behind the motor, and into the fuel rail. I don't know if there's enough metal tubing that close to the engine, so you may have to insall it behind the motor...

Old 06-29-2008, 02:21 AM
Gryphon22

Thanks for the info guys. Not to worry, this Fuel Boss does not require me to disconnect the fuel line, it basically wraps around the fuel line and is very unintrusive. Thanks for the concern. That incident with the fire though, wow... if I hear the word "fitch" I guess I will just run! I will probably wait until I fill my truck up the next time and then put this thing on. If it doesn't make very much of a difference then I plan on taking it off. Believe me, I am not expecting this to be some kind of miracle worker for increasing my gas mileage, but I figure if it does increase it noticeably I will keep it. As I said, the thing was only $20, I'm not too worried about it. Now, the big difference will be when I get my new K&N Intake and my new fiberglass tonneau cover, but that's another couple of weeks at least before I see those.

Quick Reply: Fuel line question