2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Automatic door lock issues.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 08:45 AM
roryc420
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Automatic door lock issues.

I'm having issues with my Power Locks. The Passenger side door lock started making a whining noise when i would lock the truck.(Whether it be from the door panel or the RKE). It didn't bother me so much as i'm never getting into the passenger side, but now the driver's side is doing the same thing. I've checked the fuses and they're all fine. This doesn't surprise me as the door lock mechinisms engage. I also noticed that the CTM is making a *ticking* noise when i lock/unlock the truck but i'm not sure if this is normal or not. Has anyone else run into a similar issue? if so, any pointers as to where i should start troubleshooting? Thanks a million.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:00 AM
United1
Professional
Default RE: Automatic door lock issues.

Most likely it is the door actuator. Not difficult to replace, not too expensive. For some reason these seem to fail fairly often on Mopars.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:57 AM
roryc420
Default RE: Automatic door lock issues.

Thanks for the quick reply. Any suggestions on where to buy the actuators?

Quick Reply: Automatic door lock issues.