2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Mopar Performance PCM

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 12:16 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Mopar Performance PCM

I have a '99 Ram 1500 5.2 4x4. I am thinking about getting a Mopar Performance PCM. Wondering what others have paid for one, and where they got it from.

Thanks.

Old 01-24-2005, 02:21 AM
DWILHA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mopar Performance PCM

I CHECKED INTO GETTING ONE AND THE ONLY REASON TO GET IS IF YOU ARE GOING BALLISTIC IN THE ENGINE, PERFORMACE PCM'S ARE MAINLY FOR TIMMING CHANGES FOR LONGER DURATION CAMS AND FUEL INJECTOR DURATION, OTHERWISE THE GUY TOLD ME TO IT WAS A WASTE, BUT I NEVER GOT A PRICE

Old 01-24-2005, 02:21 AM
DWILHA

I CHECKED INTO GETTING ONE AND THE ONLY REASON TO GET IS IF YOU ARE GOING BALLISTIC IN THE ENGINE, PERFORMACE PCM'S ARE MAINLY FOR TIMMING CHANGES FOR LONGER DURATION CAMS AND FUEL INJECTOR DURATION, OTHERWISE THE GUY TOLD ME TO IT WAS A WASTE, BUT I NEVER GOT A PRICE

Old 01-24-2005, 02:30 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

That's interesting. The reason I asked is because I am about to get a Fastman TB. The only other mod I currently have is an Airraid intake system. The salesman from Fastman said the two best mods for my pickup would be the new throttle body, and a Mopar Performance PCM or a custom flash. I think he knows what he's talking about because they have done a lot of performance testing on the Magnum V8's. Maybe he'll see this post and can respond as well.

Anyone else ever used a Mopar Performance PCM? Was it a good mod?

Thanks.

Old 01-24-2005, 02:40 AM
DWILHA

YOU WANT POWER, I HAVE A 2001 5.9 I BOLTED ON A POWERDYNE SUPERCHARGER, BOUGHT A RV CAM AND LIGHTER STRONGER RODS, IT DYNOED AT 346 HP ITS SWEET BUT EATS MY TRANSMISSION, ALSO THE THROTTLE BODY WAS A JOKE TO BUY ALSO IT ONLY LETS AIR IN, YOU NEED TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE AND GET ANOTHER OPINION FOR PERFORMANCE, KEEP IN MIND YOU VEHICLE IS FUEL INJECTED MAN THE TRHOTTLE BODY DOESN'T CONTROL FUEL, AND A STOCK ONE WILL FLOW MORE AIR THAN IT WILL EVER TAKE, I LOOKED FOR STUFF FOR POWER FOR A LONG TIME AND TRYED MANNY THINGS THE BIGGEST JOKE WAS THAT AIR TUB FOR 135 DOLLARS, I WISH I HAD MY MONEY BACK MINE JUST SITS NOW THE SUPERCHARGER WAS THE AWSOME MOVE, CHK OUT THE POWERDYNE CHARGERS

Old 01-24-2005, 05:14 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

Thanks DWILHA. Some comments:

ORIGINAL: DWILHA
YOU WANT POWER, I HAVE A 2001 5.9 I BOLTED ON A POWERDYNE SUPERCHARGER, BOUGHT A RV CAM AND LIGHTER STRONGER RODS, IT DYNOED AT 346 HP ITS SWEET BUT EATS MY TRANSMISSION, ...... THE SUPERCHARGER WAS THE AWSOME MOVE, CHK OUT THE POWERDYNE CHARGERS
Thanks, but I'm not looking to make that kind of power or spend that kind of money. Just looking to improve the low end torque and response.

ORIGINAL: DWILHA
ALSO THE THROTTLE BODY WAS A JOKE TO BUY ALSO IT ONLY LETS AIR IN, YOU NEED TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE AND GET ANOTHER OPINION FOR PERFORMANCE, KEEP IN MIND YOU VEHICLE IS FUEL INJECTED MAN THE TRHOTTLE BODY DOESN'T CONTROL FUEL, AND A STOCK ONE WILL FLOW MORE AIR THAN IT WILL EVER TAKE
I think I will disagree with you on this. I've read far more posts touting the benefits of a larger throttle body.

Anyone else have any opinions on my original question - Mopar Performance PCM price and benefits?
Thanks.

Quick Reply: Mopar Performance PCM