2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

"trucks" on spike tv

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 07:59 AM
waterbug1999
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "trucks" on spike tv

ORIGINAL: Uggly

I just put the SkyJacker 5" lift on my 98' Ram
Went very smooth no cutting, grinding, bending, welding or modifications to make it work.
The kit used my existing block and springs in the rear with a new add-a-leaf I had an inch taller block just lying around so I used it. The new bolts they sent were just long enuf to get the nut and washer on.
I ended up having to put the Daystar 2" leveling kit on it, as it was sitting just a little low in the front when I was done.
The biggest problems I had were getting the truck high enuf to drop the front axle to clear the new coil springs.
Came with steering stab. and shocks very nice lift.

10 hrs by myself.
OH, also, it looks like we have the same truck as well.. Thats why im interested to know more details.

Old 02-25-2005, 01:10 PM
Uggly
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "trucks" on spike tv

I got the Skyjacker D501KSX lift from stylinconcepts.com for $1255. Free Shipping. There are alot of different different packages to choose from so you have to read the contents of each one.
Mine came with new Coilsprings, 4 new control arms, Panhard drop bracket, sway bar brackets, rear add-a-leafs with pinion angle correction wedge blocks, center bolts and shackle bolts, Steering Stabilizer, Drop Pitman arm, brake line brackets, new bushings and bumpstops. Brackets and hardware for everything

I also ordered my shocks from them too, very nice descriptions to order... length, travel, lift, etc. about $100 for all came with red boots.

I had a block that was about 1" taller than the one the Ram came with so I used it instead.

After about a week to settle in and retorque everything I noticed It was a little low in the front, and I have plans to mount a heavy Buckstop winch bumper on it so I went ahead and added the 2" Daystar leveling kit. It was red and matched the rest of my lift components. $179.95 from JCWhitney free shipping.

I measured before and after with the old tires and I ended up with 7" in the front and 6" in the rear over stock.

No rattles, squeeks or vibrations at all.

For tires I got the Eagle 15x10 with 35-12.50-15 ProComp Xterrians, Cetercaps, lug nuts and locks. $1324.00 locally no shipping.

I dont know how long those tires will be on the truck 'cause I think with the extra lift I can now squeeze some 38s on it.

Thanks for helping me realize how much money I've dumped in to that thing...lol

I'll get some pics together to post if you still want 'em

-Sean

Quick Reply: "trucks" on spike tv